Wireless Problems :-(

artikle

Unknown Member
ex-Mod
Facing these two problems with wifi at home and college:

1. Bought a Asus RT-N13U router. I set it up for my PPPOE internet connection. Now Im not able to open the router config page after I managed to get internet working. And my phones and tablet cant obtain IP address sometimes and it needs a router reset. And I want to have wireless net even when the desktop is switched off.

2.WIFI in my college is protected by 802.1xx PEAP protection. I know the username, password, proxy and port. Im able to use internet using a laptop but when Im trying with android phones or tablets it is connecting but unable to use net. I entered username in identity and proxy in anonymous identity and pass in password for it to connect. It is working fine on my bada based Wave.

Help me :-(

Bump
<

#dinjo

How do I know the firmware version? It was shown in the router config page but now Im unable to access it.

1. Bought a Asus RT-N13U router. I set it up for my PPPOE internet connection. Now Im not able to open the router config page after I managed to get internet working. And my phones and tablet cant obtain IP address sometimes and it needs a router reset. And I want to have wireless net even when the desktop is switched off.

Is your routers private IP (e.g. 192.168.x.x) and the IP that your devices get over WiFi in the same range. If you are not able to figure it out post all the IP's out here along with subnet mask too.

2.WIFI in my college is protected by 802.1xx PEAP protection. I know the username, password, proxy and port. Im able to use internet using a laptop but when Im trying with android phones or tablets it is connecting but unable to use net. I entered username in identity and proxy in anonymous identity and pass in password for it to connect. It is working fine on my bada based Wave.

I'm assuming you are using an Android phone. There is a very long bug thread on Google's some site, where people are not able to get it working. I have a SGS2 running 2.3.3. I have rooted the phone and installed ProxyDroid which works very well with my office WLAN which has paranoid security.

Is your routers private IP (e.g. 192.168.x.x) and the IP that your devices get over WiFi in the same range. If you are not able to figure it out post all the IP's out here along with subnet mask too.

I'm assuming you are using an Android phone. There is a very long bug thread on Google's some site, where people are not able to get it working. I have a SGS2 running 2.3.3. I have rooted the phone and installed ProxyDroid which works very well with my office WLAN which has paranoid security.

The LAN IP address in my desktop is 192.168.137.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the IP address Im getting on my Xoom is 192.168.137.86. Are you asking something else? And why am I unable to access the router config page. And when I reboot the router, the internet connection on the desktop is dialed automatically and error 691 occurs although the username and password are right. And if I manually try to connect, I get "connection closed by remote computer" error. It eventually gets connected after sometime on its own.

I feel stupid
<

Help..!

The LAN IP address in my desktop is 192.168.137.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the IP address Im getting on my Xoom is 192.168.137.86. Are you asking something else? And why am I unable to access the router config page. And when I reboot the router, the internet connection on the desktop is dialed automatically and error 691 occurs although the username and password are right. And if I manually try to connect, I get "connection closed by remote computer" error. It eventually gets connected after sometime on its own.

I feel stupid
<

Help..!

I wanted to know how you access the router. If you type the IP address in your browser and then hit enter, what is the IP ?? If you access is some other way do tell us how.

And about that connection not getting dialed, just check with your ISP if they have any MAC address binding on their accounts. If yes then you need to get your router's MAC bound to the connection.

#djmykey

I access the router config page using 192.168.1.1 which is not working now. And about the MAC binding, I think YOU broadband has MAC binding. How to I find my routers MAC address?

Back