Budget 31-40k Windows Laptop for basic use and kids' practice / or use my current screen less laptop with monitor?

raksrules

Elite
I am looking to buy a Windows Based laptop. It will be used sparingly by us as I have a Macbook Air that I use as primary laptop. This new laptop will be used when I absolutely need a windows machine and for my kids to practice stuff they teach in school like word, excel, power point etc.
I don't have a set budget but would not like to spend a lot.
SSD would be preferred.

Can anyone suggest which one should I buy?

Edit: I have a Windows laptop without screen (like physically screen doesn't exist, I removed it). This works fine when connected to tv using hdmi. Would it make sense for me to just get a cheap 1080p monitor and use that for the purpose mentioned above? This machine is very capable as it has 256GB NVME SSD and 16GB RAM and some sort of dedicated graphics, idk. If i go this way, I can be done in well under 10K I guess.

Last edited:
Edit: I have a Windows laptop without screen (like physically screen doesn't exist, I removed it). This works fine when connected to tv using hdmi. Would it make sense for me to just get a cheap 1080p monitor and use that for the purpose mentioned above? This machine is very capable as it has 256GB NVME SSD and 16GB RAM. If i go this way, I can be done in well under 10K I guess.
You have a very capable laptop having 256GB SSD and 16GB RAM. Just get a cheap 1080p monitor as you suggested. This will be below 10K. So no need of spending 35-40K.

Is above monitor good for the price? I saw this "deal" on desidime.

for children learning word/excel/whatever the colour accuracy or refresh rate don't really matter. but what might are comfort features like a good stand(i suppose they'll tilt it down),the screen size(while i had my first 'good' monitor at 21.5 inches and it felt okay then. presently i use a 24 inch one and going back to the 21.5 tires my eyes super quickly). ymmv as this advice is coming from someone who doesn't have kids so make of that what you will haha.

also the reviews on this particular link are not very encouraging. even if you want a 22inch or lower, check out a different model(can't suggest a model as the monitor market sucks)

also +1 on using the screen-less laptop instead of buying a new one.

for children learning word/excel/whatever the colour accuracy or refresh rate don't really matter. but what might are comfort features like a good stand(i suppose they'll tilt it down),the screen size(while i had my first 'good' monitor at 21.5 inches and it felt okay then. presently i use a 24 inch one and going back to the 21.5 tires my eyes super quickly). ymmv as this advice is coming from someone who doesn't have kids so make of that what you will haha.

also the reviews on this particular link are not very encouraging. even if you want a 22inch or lower, check out a different model(can't suggest a model as the monitor market sucks)

also +1 on using the screen-less laptop instead of buying a new one.

After writing my first post Here, I pondered over the idea of monitor more as my kid will only be doing their practice on adhoc basis but I can actually utilize the monitor as 2nd screen for my work laptop daily. I think max 10K is sweet spot for me to spend. Also I am someone who has never used 22 inch and such monitors. The max I have used is 15 inch ones which I used when I had desktop like 2 decades back and my current work laptop Is 14 inch. So the 22 inch is a very very big upgrade and I think i may even be satisfied with 19 inch monitor.

Edit: I have a Windows laptop without screen (like physically screen doesn't exist, I removed it). This works fine when connected to tv using hdmi. Would it make sense for me to just get a cheap 1080p monitor and use that for the purpose mentioned above? This machine is very capable as it has 256GB NVME SSD and 16GB RAM and some sort of dedicated graphics, idk. If i go this way, I can be done in well under 10K I guess.
Yes it absolutely will. I see no reason why he needs a whole new laptop for basic learning purposes like these.

Yes it absolutely will. I see no reason why he needs a whole new laptop for basic learning purposes like these.
Yes going via monitor route only as I can use the monitor daily as 2nd screen and when he has to practice, it is connected to the screen-less laptop. His use will be very very minimal so I am using this as an excuse to get myself a monitor. :p

After writing my first post Here, I pondered over the idea of monitor more as my kid will only be doing their practice on adhoc basis but I can actually utilize the monitor as 2nd screen for my work laptop daily. I think max 10K is sweet spot for me to spend. Also I am someone who has never used 22 inch and such monitors. The max I have used is 15 inch ones which I used when I had desktop like 2 decades back and my current work laptop Is 14 inch. So the 22 inch is a very very big upgrade and I think i may even be satisfied with 19 inch monitor.
19inchers will most probably not be 1080p and i won't suggest getting anything less than 1080p(at 10k budget, definitely not)

if you're comfortable, get the 22 inch no worries, but 24s are also available under 10k so it boils down to a personal choice. good luck with the purchase!

I recently purchased Lenovo V2IN for my younger brother. I'm very happy with it. Also, I got 3 years ADP protection with just 3000 from Lenovo

EDIT: Laptop cost is 40k. It has i3 11th Gen, 512GB NVME SSD and 14" IPS display.

Back