Windows 11 announced

That's the thing.... Why did they have to rush with the release? They could have taken more time to test and then release it. Windows is MS's gold product so they know inside out what is an OS, the issues plaguing it. It will be a good product as it evolves, no second thoughts.
Not that W11 is unusable, but coming from a relatively stable build to a build with bugs is something no one wants.

Has anyone tried Windows 11 on an unsupported hardware, specifically on CPU intel i5-7200U? Wanted to try on my laptop. I know there are videos on youtube for the same but it is that the fear of crashing or instability that is holding me back.

Has anyone tried Windows 11 on an unsupported hardware, specifically on CPU intel i5-7200U? Wanted to try on my laptop. I know there are videos on youtube for the same but it is that the fear of crashing or instability that is holding me back.
Tried it on 7400t.
Rock solid

@Mann Can you share how did you manage to install while bypassing the incompatible hardware requirements? In my case, both tpm and Secureboot is available except for the processor.

@Mann Can you share how did you manage to install while bypassing the incompatible hardware requirements? In my case, both tpm and Secureboot is available except for the processor.
1651661148664.png

even p4 should be supported

View attachment 133369
even p4 should be supported
It may run, not denying that. MS has mentioed my SoC as not compatible. I wanted to know if there were any stability issues on an unsupported hardware in the long term, given their shift to primary cores and efficiency cores. I am thinking of installing 10 and 11 as dual boot and apply for Developer preview with 11. If it runs fine, then I may start using it as primary.

Been using Windows 11 since release, though with a third-party menu replacement, but haven't really experience any issues with it. The best part if of course being able to run Android apps with the Play Store that fills up the gap somewhat and really surprised to see that the performance for the Android runtime is better than a S21 at present.

There will probably be a time where I would dump my Android tablet altogether in favour of Windows.

It may run, not denying that. MS has mentioed my SoC as not compatible. I wanted to know if there were any stability issues on an unsupported hardware in the long term, given their shift to primary cores and efficiency cores. I am thinking of installing 10 and 11 as dual boot and apply for Developer preview with 11. If it runs fine, then I may start using it as primary.
Just use rufus to create USB. It has the functionality built-in now.

As for signing up for Insider program, you can't with an unsupported CPU. M$ says it'll run until it doesn't or causes you issues. They don't know when that'll happen and if it does you can't complain about it.
That said, until now there are no issues with it on my i3 3rd/5th laptops. Even used it on Baytrail Celeron CPU, it's fine.

You can use Rufus to create W11 installation media from ISO. It has option for bypassing tpm and secureboot.
So it will bypass these requirements during a fresh, clean installation, right? What about it, after the installation? The PC Health Check app already mentions that I have both tpm and secured boot enabled on my system. It's the processor it is not fond off. I was more interested on how unsupported Soc plays with W11.
My theory is that MS is trying to play safe here, by giving stable updates to both supported and unsupported devices to ensure more users adopt W11. Once they have a good base, the the real updates will be pushed which are primarily meant for 8th gen and above. I guess, the real picture will be visible after a year or so with these unsupported Soc.

Back