Will this GPON work for hathway fibre?

DigitalDude

Skilled
I'm thinking of going the separate GPON and a good high end wireless router route

So was wondering will this GPON from tplink work with hathway fibre?

Currently I have a GPON from ZTE (602w i guess) given by hathway.

I'd suggest you use the provided device in bridged mode which disables the router features. Then add whatever router you want and that will cater to your local devices
yeah that's plan B.

the existing router itself is several years old and already has some problems. I want to replace the entire thing and start fresh. I guess I will talk to those hathway guys itself and find out if they will configure the new GPON. or if they themselves have other GPON options without wireless.

yeah that's plan B.

the existing router itself is several years old and already has some problems. I want to replace the entire thing and start fresh. I guess I will talk to those hathway guys itself and find out if they will configure the new GPON. or if they themselves have other GPON options without wireless.
Instead of buying new GPON and new router, just buy router first. Try it for a day or two in bridged mode. If you're unhappy, you can get a new GPON then. In bridged mode all that the GPON does is to convert the optical signal to electrical signal. All the config is done on the router itself.

Basically combo GPON + router sucks, especially the cheap ones provided by ISP. But they are fine to be used just as GPON with a separate router.

Back