Enhay 5200/128 AGP 8X card
160 GB Seagate IDE HDD.
SONY 52X writer
Sony 16X DVD-ROM drive
Samsung 753s 17" monitor
500 VA UPS
multimedia keyboard
Intex 400W PSU.

I play cs:cz a lot and work in PHOTOSHOP CS2 and flash. I'll start working on 3dmax in Jan'06.
PC remains ON for 24/7, coz me, bro and dad use it.

PLZ tell whether new Logitech G5 mouse will work perfectly on this system or not. the mouse needs full USB speed. that's the main concern.
Also tell me whether the mouse will last for atleast 4 years.

geek ashish said:
HI
my config
amd athlonxp 1800+
MSI MS6712-KT4V mobo
512 MB DDR 333 MHz RAM
Enhay 5200/128 AGP 8X card
160 GB Seagate IDE HDD.
SONY 52X writer
Sony 16X DVD-ROM drive
Samsung 753s 17" monitor
500 VA UPS
multimedia keyboard
Intex 400W PSU.

I play cs:cz a lot and work in PHOTOSHOP CS2 and flash. I'll start working on 3dmax in Jan'06.
PC remains ON for 24/7, coz me, bro and dad use it.

PLZ tell whether new Logitech G5 mouse will work perfectly on this system or not. the mouse needs full USB speed. that's the main concern.
Also tell me whether the mouse will last for atleast 4 years.

Yes the new Logitech G5 mouse will work perfectly on your system.

Yes the mouse will last for atleast 4 years.

i think it will work fine ont that system .... if u are using Windows XP upgrade it to SP2 ...... without SP2 u can't have USB 2 ..... anyways even with USB 1.1 i think the mouse will just work fine .....

i use lot of pir**ed softwares and games. I heard that SP2 causes problems for them. is it true?
if yes i won't be upgrading to SP2.
now what......?
help.

geek ashish said:
i use lot of pir**ed softwares and games. I heard that SP2 causes problems for them. is it true?
now what......?
help.

No it's not true.

geek ashish said:
now what......?
help.
Hi Geek Ashish,
We are sorry but TechEnclave doesnt offer support to Pirated Softwares or games. Hence, it is in vain asking that question.
Thanks.

THG says

Bottleneck

Finally, to make things even more complicated, transmission of data from the mouse to the computer is also a limiting factor. USB theoretically limits the number of exchanges to 125 per second. If you increase the resolution, only the X-axis measurement will actually be transmitted. Here's an example: You cover a wide distance with 1,000 counts in two seconds, or 500 in one second. But the USB port can only transmit 125 counts, or four times fewer. The result is that the measurements sent won't be any less precise and the mouse will be in the right place, but the movement from one place to another won't be as fluid as it could be, because positions have been skipped. With the first 1,600-dpi mouse we noticed that accelerating the USB port added fluidity and made mouse control easier and more precise in high resolution. Unfortunately, accelerating your USB port makes the computer unstable.

G5 sends 500 reports/sec through usb? so will it work on my pc?

Mouserate in hz and dpi are two different things.

The mouserate determines how smooth your inputs will be.
500hz is good enough, I've heard reports of 1000hz damaging the mobo.

The dpi will affect how much you need to physically move your mouse at any given sensitivity.
To make a full 360d turn would require much less effort on a 1600dpi mouse than on a regular mouse if both are set at the same sensitivity.
At the

Well, theres nothing like 1000Hz Damaging the Mobo.

That comment is just crazy.

I cant see why a 1000Hz USB Rate will damage the mobo.

And theres no realy difference between 500 and 1000Hz. Its not like your Mouse will move faster.

Not sure but afaik 100hz max on ps/2, logitech drivers go upto 200hz but it gets laggy and starts buffering.
Unless you don't have any cameras, thumbdrives or usb game controllers and can really feel the extra smoothness, I wouldn't use up a usb socket on mice and keyboards.

Get the mouserate checker here.

Back