Which mobile operator for usage in Hotspot device (prepaid) ?

raksrules

Elite
I have a Jio hotspot device which I think I unlocked it for use with other operators (will check). It is 4G enabled only.
I want to know which is the best / cheapest per unit mobile operator whose prepaid SIM I can take for hotspot internet access? I expect the usage of around 6 hours daily and only on weekdays.
I am not wanting to use my iPhone for this purpose as it will kill its battery and also the device in general with this "heavy?" usage.

Any suggestions appreciated.

If you have that many users, any family plan from Jio/Airtel is the best for hotspot usage as you get good amounts of monthly data with rollover and OTT.

If you have that many users, any family plan from Jio/Airtel is the best for hotspot usage as you get good amounts of monthly data with rollover and OTT.
It is only one user. Myself. It is for my office use as due to WFO, I am sitting in a different office where network can be sporadic and many things don't work as well as my home (ironic I know). Hence I want to use hotspot instead of office network.
I am simultaneously trying to get everything fixed on office n/w and will use phone hotspot in the mean time. But I don't want to continue with phone if I have to use hotspot daily.

go with one that you can run directly even without battery and as per my knowledge ONLY JIO device you can use without battery.
As battery in such device are tend to bulge/swell/fail - in 1-2 months of use (6 hrs. or more per day)

go with one that you can run directly even without battery and as per my knowledge ONLY JIO device you can use without battery.
As battery in such device are tend to bulge/swell/fail - in 1-2 months of use (6 hrs. or more per day)
I will definitely check this. I am ok to run it off the laptop power entire time with battery removed.

Just want to update. For now, i am using my iPhone 13. I am ok for now since the phone isn't getting hot and I am in AC too in ofice so it is ok. I try to use Jio 5G because right now it is not counted towards data due to their welcome offer. But I have observed that reliability of 5G connection is not great. The speed is definitely good, like sometimes I have 1GBPS but reliability is not. My teams calls will go on hold or disconnect and such issues.
LTE works great and very reliable and pretty good speed too (I mean even if I get consistent 10Mbps I am ok). I tend to consume around 1 GB per day in the 7 hours I am in office.

Just wanted to update my experience.

Back