Which Mirrorless Camera?

honest1

Adept
So I have been using Canon 600D from last few years for casual photography and it really has not disappointed me!
Now, I am thinking to move to mirrorless world and was exploring some entry level cameras which are available. My main requirements are:

1. Canon is preferred.
2. Now most the camera's are focussed towards vblogging but my requirements are primary shooting photos and sometimes videos (No vblogging)
3. Should be very reasonable in price (as I am casual photographer and not inclined to spend more than 50k !)
4. I have an option to get it from US, if that helps!

Let me know which options I have!

The one which I am looking at is R50, but do let me know if there are others which I can consider!

So I have been using Canon 600D from last few years for casual photography and it really has not disappointed me!
Now, I am thinking to move to mirrorless world and was exploring some entry level cameras which are available. My main requirements are:

1. Canon is preferred.
2. Now most the camera's are focussed towards vblogging but my requirements are primary shooting photos and sometimes videos (No vblogging)
3. Should be very reasonable in price (as I am casual photographer and not inclined to spend more than 50k !)
4. I have an option to get it from US, if that helps!

Let me know which options I have!

The one which I am looking at is R50, but do let me know if there are others which I can consider!
Is there any particular reason you're thinking of moving to mirrorless? Modern mirrorless cameras are technically better in terms of sensor and hardware, but it won't be a drastic change unless you're shooting in challenging lighting. Primary reason I moved up from my Sony A6000 to my A7iv was because I wanted to try a full frame camera, the A6000 was (and still is) plenty for a semi serious photographer.

Is there any particular reason you're thinking of moving to mirrorless? Modern mirrorless cameras are technically better in terms of sensor and hardware, but it won't be a drastic change unless you're shooting in challenging lighting. Primary reason I moved up from my Sony A6000 to my A7iv was because I wanted to try a full frame camera, the A6000 was (and still is) plenty for a semi serious photographer.
So, nothing very specific besides that the camera is too old, but at the same time, its working perfectly fine as well!

So, nothing very specific besides that the camera is too old, but at the same time, its working perfectly fine as well!
I would not upgrade from an entry level DSLR to entry level mirrorless unless you want the video features of the the mirrorless. I don't think there has been great advancements in sensor technology in the last few years to justify that "upgrade" with the same sensor size. Moreover, you would have to buy new lenses or an adapter. I don't know how well the "adaptered" EF lenses work on the mirrorless.

Moreover, DSLRs are just ergonomically better to take photos. They are much better to hold and take pictures.

So, what I am saying is don't "upgrade" because its not an upgrade if you mainly take pictures instead of shooting videos. Battery life is another thing which is much better on DSLRs.

Sony Alpha series are good. Depends how much you want to spend. Alpha series have good OEM support for lenses. Be it fast or telescopic. Canon is restrtictive for third parties to utilize their new mounts. I love my A6000!

Besides age, if everything is working well, then hold off on the upgrade itch. I have stuck with my 6300 for the last 8 years and refused to bow to an upgrade to a full frame. It serves me pretty well. I did invest in a few lenses though.

Back