Camera Where to fix canon powershot sx520hs in bangalore?

Rezep

Adept
Basically I dropped the camera from a height off a table and the lens won't open/pop out anymore. Lens error pops up 10 seconds after the lens motor tries to open itself but it starts to jitter as if something is stuck that won't let the lens fully open out. Camera is basically 10 years old at this point and it's the first time I had to repair it. Everything else still works though, I can access all the settings and view photos off the SD card.

Went to canon official service centre but it was a complete waste of my time as they didn't even bother to check it properly. They said it was too old for them to repair (as expected of official centres)

So is there any third party camera repair shops here that you guys have been going to for years and trust them to repair your gear with? I've seen a few on google already (vinay camera service) and a few ones on SP road that have some recent bad reviews while their Justdial page is filled with reviews.

Thanks in Advance :)

Alright, I realised my repair question was a bit niche so I just decided to give my camera to vinay camera service in Gandhinagar (majestic, bangalore). Shop timings were decent, Mon to Sat 12 to 8, Sun 12-4 didn't have time to go so asked my dad to give it. He went today, gave the camera to a Mr Rajesh and was told that he would be able to repair it by today (as said by himself on call to me that it was repairable).

Repair charge amount would be given once repair was completed by evening 4 or 5. Expected a call by then but didn't receive any so I called them up itself and it was done. Repair charges were 2350 rs, and I sent a uber parcel to pick it up and deliver it to me.

Currently recharging the battery and will test it out personally to see if it's working perfectly again (He sent a whatsapp video of it working). I didn't ask too much as to what exactly was wrong lol, he basically said it was a lens barrel issue which was obvious from how the barrel couldn't come out.

So far so good, will update how the camera is soon. Shop location is very easy to reach in Bangalore, it's a 10 minute walk from Majestic Bus station and isn't in a super crowded lane so bike parking isn't hard either. Decided to try this store out from all the others as some of the reviews on sp road sounded like nightmares.

Last edited:
Back