Vegan things to eat out?

Hey guys I was formerly a non vegetarian but reading online about the drawbacks of eating meat, I have decided to opt for full plant based diet.
there's also various problems at having just vegetarian diet so have decided to decrease the amount of eggs, milk and other dairy products as much as I can.
now
Where are you located ?.

and how to know if it is fertilized or unfertilized egg??

If you want to avoid fertilised eggs - buy only those sourced from a commercial farm. The absence of a rooster means that all eggs are unfertilised.

Im not sure of how to differentiate them if you are buying from a family farm. The internet says hold the egg against a light source, and look for irregularities in the yolk.

How many here have bought non-vegetarian sarees for their gf/wife?

I am a non-vegetarian, but I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits too. I eat everything, why limit myself? And I burn all the calories too afterwards. However, if you are one of the lazy types, who sit around a desk/couch all day and don't exert physically much, I would recommend you to stay away from non-vegetarian food. It's not the food, but the way it is prepared. Most non-veg dishes use a lot of spices and oils, and that's kind of unhealthy for a very idle person. Also stay away from other unhealthy dishes, vegetarian or not.

Eating out (disambiguation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia NU8YI.gif

@blkrb0t - non-veg food doesn't need to be oily. Its the Indian way of preparing it which gives food the unhealthiness tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
blkrb0t - non-veg food doesn't need to be oily. Its the Indian way of preparing it which gives food the unhealthiness tag.

I know, I eat mostly boiled/roasted with spices. But I was speaking of the majority. It doesn't have to be oily, but most of the dishes are. And you can see the trend in the west too. They might not use oils as much as us, but they surely fill their stuff with cheese, mayo and other fats.

That's true. I'd prefer a nice cold Russian salad over butter chicken + tandoori roti any day.

But the fact remains that we can't do away with the oily part present in our culture. :p

I tried Chicken tikka masala dry with curd rice (cooked in the authentic way in Bangalore) tasted delightful!

guys i'm just trying to implement vegan diet as much as i can, its not strict vegan thing.. sometimes if there is chance of food wastage due to me being vegan or there is no alternative available i don't mind having non veg or milk based products. but whenever there is an alternative i choose that over non vegan products. but i'm doing good with self control..
also i'm from nagpur..

and I'm not totally in favour of being vegeterian or non vegeterian.. its just that my personal eating habits was very extreme before changing my diet like having chicken/fish, for dinner or lunch more than 3 times a week.. having milk everyday. milk based products etc. and many more. that's why such a change..

Dude, just be flexible. At home or wherever you can have Veg. When you go out, take Non Veg. Having Non Veg once in a while won't kill you. Else you'll end up being a "buzz kill" especially if hangout with majority Non Vegans.

Back