"urgent" need to buy an inverter/ups.

vamzz

Recruit
Hi there,
Recently i ve bought a UPS (750 VA) from a local dealer here in hyd.I got an Amaron Quanta Battery (12V 65AH) along with that.I took tat UPS cos someone who s using the same model with a mac 27 inch suggested me to and he said he gettin backup around 3 hrs, so i took it.But for me, i was gettin only 40 min backup. :unsure:
I ve got
22 Inch LCD (Samsung 2233 SW)
SMPS (Cooler master 350W)
4 USB Slots-
2 WD external HD s (My book Studio 1TB &My Book essential 2TB )
1 for Soundcard(MBOX mini-usb)
1 for USB midi controller.

Basically i m not sure of the power consumption as im not familiar with the terms.But the guy who sold me the Ups last month,he said tat i m not getting the backup because of the external HD s i m having :annoyed:
He suggested me to take 1KV with two Quanta batteries.
I dunno weather I need to take more capacity Ups ??
Does the usb ports consume more energy than usual due to the things i m using on them??

I finally asked him to change the UPS and give me SUKAM SHINY 850 VA and so i can use it along with my existing
Amaron Quanta 65 AH battery. He s gonna bring tat to me so before tat i need to respond.I have less time.

Any Suggestions or answers for my questions i d be thankful.

Pls help i am new to this forum!

I've used a 600VA Sukam inverter before. According to the chart the recommended battery was 150AH-200AH if I remember correctly. Can't find the chart on Sukam website right now. The product catalogue link gives an error.

The UPS charging current would shorten 65AH battery life. My configuration was similar to yours and expect to get a 5 to 6 hours backup on a 150AH tubular battery. There are many threads on UPS & battery configurations.... Also you need to keep the switch on UPS mode so the computer doesn't reboot in event of power failure.

Remember if your monitor contrast and brightness is high or playing games will shorten the backup time...

Back