[Urgent] Advice Required for Buying XBOX 360

unreal_ishan

Disciple
Wanted to buy XBOX 360. As of now i have 2 options (buying from Palika) :
1. Arcade (Previous Gen 2010 Model) NTSC-J MODDED Costing around 14k
2. Slim 4GB PAL Costing 13.5k
Right now, the Slim mod hasnt been released, but will be soon from what I've read on the net.
The Arcade will play most games...but no access to LIVE
Slim will play all (originals) with Live..but will have to buy originals (will really pinch the pocket)
And I have to catch up on the best games from the last 2-3 years...
So which one would you advise me to buy?

Slim would be a better choice. Else you can get a PAL Arcade for 11.9k and get it modded. The NTSC-J would be a complete no-no as it would not bear warranty in India.

My main problem with the slim is that it may take a long time to get a proper firmware. Till then i'll have to shell out a lot of money for games.

The guy is giving a years warranty (his own) on the modded NTSC-J console (dont know which fw though). Also, from what i've read, NTSC-J can play all NTSC coded games and they are widely available (on the net :p)

So again i would ask..which is better if i want to adopt the 'grey' route..NTSC or PAL? PAL is cheaper at Palika btw...

Also, is it possible for me to upgrade the LT+ FW at home in order to defeat the AP25 protection?

PAL would be your best option. Don't go for the "dealer warranty" route, unless he will be replacing it from Microsoft themselves, which in all probability won't happen, since it's an out of region console. It's better to get a PAL Arcade console and then mod it. The latest bunch of Arcades have Lite-On 93450c drives which needs fair bit of soldering skills to retrieve the key & flash it with the IXtreme fimware. If you're comfortable with it, then by all means experiment. If not, then get it modded from someone who does it professionally. You can look up for some videos over YouTube to get an idea of how the process works. I have rarely seen early NTSC-J releases coming out before PAL or NTSC-US ones. I guess only Bayonetta was the exception here. The NTSC-J console won't serve you of much purpose, unless you're into Japanese titles.

Pallika ? Why not from a Electronic Store, Croma etc..NTSC is a Big NO

And please don't make anything as Urgent..

unreal_ishan said:
Till then i'll have to shell out a lot of money for games.

Well. If you can shell out loads (14k holy cows) of money for the console, then why not for deserving games that you fully intend to plan and enjoy?

@comp@ddict - i dont mind spending money on games...its just that i have too many to catch up on...and not enough funds :(

@ethan_hunt - got a PAL modded arcade...cant play nfs hot pursuit backup on it (can play black ops backup though)...seems my fw isnt LT+...how can i find out my current fw...and how can i upgrade to LT+??

unreal_ishan said:
@ethan_hunt - got a PAL modded arcade...cant play nfs hot pursuit backup on it (can play black ops backup though)...seems my fw isnt LT+...how can i find out my current fw...and how can i upgrade to LT+??

Did you patch both the games using the latest version of ABGX360?

i bought the games from a shop...checked on abgx after coming home...black ops doesnt have ap 2.5...though hot pursuit has...

hot pursuit forced me to upgrade my dashboard to 2.0.12611.0..but didnt run...unreadable disc...i checked using xval and thankfully my new console isnt banned...

now i'm kind of scared to experiment without knowing my current lt firmware...they guy at the shop said that the console had been flashed with the latest fw..but i still want to confirm it once...can u pls help me out?

If you want to know the firmware, then you'll need to remove the drive and hook it up to your PC. Download Jungle Flasher's latest version and click on the 'MTK Flash 32 tab' on the top and hit 'Read'. This should display your current firmware. What's your current dashboard version?

Back