UPS/Inverter recommendation for 750-850W PC

Can someone suggest replacement battery for a 1kva ups? Currently it has 2x 7ah 12v batteries.
This is regular most common spec batteries, if you go to any battery shop where you get car/inverter batteries and stuff, you will be able to find these, also they will take your old batteries and offer you a discount too.

Make sure any of your UPS batteries are not fitted in upside down orientation (usually the case in APC batteries), because if they are then the general batteries might not give you the correct backup because they are not designed to work upside down or may leak prematurely.

Make sure any of your UPS batteries are not fitted in upside down orientation (usually the case in APC batteries), because if they are then the general batteries might not give you the correct backup because they are not designed to work upside down or may leak prematurely.
In other words, one should not use general batteries inside a APC ups & only use official apc batteries?

In other words, one should not use general batteries inside a APC ups & only use official apc batteries?
Not really, I don't think the APC UPS can tell that one is not using official batteries, cause lead acid batteries don't have brain of their own, one can use the general purpose batteries, just use them outside the UPS housing, don't put it in upside down. You might have do some custom wiring.

Note - I am only referring to APC batteries that look like this, one is upside down on top of another with a connecting sandwich plate between them.

1709207751389.png

This is regular most common spec batteries, if you go to any battery shop where you get car/inverter batteries and stuff, you will be able to find these, also they will take your old batteries and offer you a discount too.

I know these are common. I bought 2 for 1150 with discount for old ones today. I was checking if there any brands that are better than others. But I guess that would cost double the price, costing closer to cost of UPS I purchased few yrs back.

Back