Unable to access shared folders on a home network

Wraith

Skilled
This is the setup i have have home...

Desktop : AMD X2 3800+ running Win XP Pro SP2

Laptop : Core Duo T2050 running Win XP Home SP2

BSNL Dataone via UT-300R2U

The internet connection is shared by the desktop via lan cable and by the laptop via wifi thru Dlink DI-524 router.
I have also enabled file and printer sharing on both the machines which are on the same domain i.e. MSHOME

This is the problem that i am facing....whenver i try to acces the shared folders on the desktop from the laptop i get a can not access the device error and an error saying "Not enough sever storage space available to process this command".
I am able to access the shared folders on the laptop from desktop without any problems.

Just for the sake of troubleshooting i tried to access the shared folders on the desktop via desktop itself by going thru the network computers option and i got "path cannot be found" error!!

Then i tried sending files from the desktop to the laptop via messengers like MSN n Gtalk but that wont happen either but when i send files from the laptop to the desktop via the same messengers the files go thru without a problem!

I tried looking up Microsofts website for a solution and the solution given there was to add/increase the IRPStackSize value in the registry....i tried that but it didnt work.
Please offer some suggestions to make this work....thank you

Try running Network wizard on the desktop and laptop again and reboot both
This usually takes care of most small issues for me

I don't know if this will fix the problem but you can try it

Back