Budget 41-50k Ultrabook - For Presentations, 3D Work

rebolt

Disciple
Hello geeks, i am looking forward to buy a laptop or ultrabook. I have included details of my requirements below.

What's Your Budget: -

Max 55K

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be -
For Client Presentations, Using 3D applications like 3D's Max, After Affects, Photoshop, Rendering. I don't want to do major 3d work in the laptop. Because i already have a workstation. So the laptop should be for small works and mainly for client presentations.

What size and weight considerations do you have -
I am looking for a thin, sleek and lightweight like Ultrabook. Screen could be 13'' or 14''.

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest -
I am open to HP, Sony or Lenovo. Not sure about DELL because i have been hearing a lot of complaints. I have selected few models like:-

1. Lenovo U300s
2. HP Pavilion DV6-7040TX
3. Lenovo IdeaPad U410
4. HP ENVY 4-1025tx Notebook PC

Any other considerations -
HD resolution, Min. 4GB ram, 1GB grafix card, Multidrive (Does Ultrabook has it ?)

Would be glad to hear your suggestions and recommendations. Thanks.

Nothing better than new Vaio S series SVS13112EN.

• 3rd gen i5 with HD4000, sufficient enough for your all computing and graphical need.
  • 1.72kg makes it super light weight.
  • 6hrs of battery life.
  • Last but not least backlit keyboard :cool43:

And do not forget to extend warranty by 2 years @ 2.5k.

You can get this locally at ~51-53k.

Nothing better than new Vaio S series SVS13112EN.

• 3rd gen i5 with HD4000, sufficient enough for your all computing and graphical need.
  • 1.72kg makes it super light weight.
  • 6hrs of battery life.
  • Last but not least backlit keyboard :cool43:

And do not forget to extend warranty by 2 years @ 2.5k.

You can get this locally at ~51-53k.

Thanks Jugga sounds like a great deal. But i am kinda liking Lenovo U410. Not sure whether it will fulfill all the requirements or not. Also like to know what others have to say.

^Your post sounds like :1ign22:

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Thanks Jugga sounds like a great deal. But i am kinda liking Lenovo U410. Not sure whether it will fulfill all the requirements or not. Also like to know what others have to say.

U410 is an ultrabook, and you shouldn't really put it against mainstream notebook. It will also cost higher. BTW what did you meant by "multidrive" ?

U410 is an ultrabook, and you shouldn't really put it against mainstream notebook. It will also cost higher. BTW what did you meant by "multidrive" ?

​Multidrive means it can read and write DVD/CD's.

^then forget it with ultrabooks. Most ultrabooks don't come with an ODD, U410 is in same line.

If i would go for a laptop rather than a notebook or ultrabook. What options i could look into in which i can get a - 14' or 15' inch screen with i5 or i7, HD resolution, 1GB grafx, 4-8GB RAM, Good Sound.

So did you get the U410 finally? Any reviews of it?

Yup i got U410 :), i am loving it. its quite light & boot times are pretty fast. Although it comes with Windows 7 Home basic, which i am thinking of upgrading it to professional or ultimate. Trackpad is pretty smooth, it did hang for once when i connected the battery with it, but since then its working absolutely fine. I have not installed any 3d software uptil now, to judge the processor speed. However i am pretty much happy with U410

Yup i got U410 :), i am loving it. its quite light & boot times are pretty fast. Although it comes with Windows 7 Home basic, which i am thinking of upgrading it to professional or ultimate. Trackpad is pretty smooth, it did hang for once when i connected the battery with it, but since then its working absolutely fine. I have not installed any 3d software uptil now, to judge the processor speed. However i am pretty much happy with U410

What are the specs and how much you got it for ? Congrats for the purchase :)

What are the specs and how much you got it for ? Congrats for the purchase :)

Specs:-

i5-3317U 3rd Generation 1.7Ghz
4GB DDR3 RAM
500GB HDD
32GB SSD
14' HD Display
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Nvidia Geforce GT 610M 1GB

Price: 52800/- (inclusive tax) + Philips Notebook SoundBar

anyway congratz, Lenovo has low build quality compared to others. So, I'd advise you to handle it with Utmost care like your 1 month baby.

i think u r entitled for upgrade to windows 8 if u dont mind the metro interface. i think it will be either free or will cost 6-700bucks

i think u r entitled for upgrade to windows 8 if u dont mind the metro interface. i think it will be either free or will cost 6-700bucks

I am not sure about this, neither the sales people told me. Are you sure, because there's nothing like mentioned on their website.

If any one is still interested .. the SAMSUNG NP530 is in the same budget with the Core i5 + 4GB + 1 TB + Multidrive @ 1.79 kgs around 52k

Back