Budget 20-25K Time to upgrade

BurnBoy147

Disciple
Hey folks, so I finally decided to upgrade from my VIVO v15 purchased on 2019, which is also the last gift to me by my father, sadly, it has become redundant at this point with updates no longer rolled out.

Should I go for a used iPhone? or is a new android within 25k the better way to go?

I have no mobile phone market knowledge as of now so recommendations are highly appreciated. Thanks!

If your an android user then stick to android. Apple ecosystem is totally different. Also cost of repaiir is higher. Since market is floded with Mostly Chinese brands i have totally shifted to Smsung. Arroudn your budget you can get

SAMSUNG A71 or If you expand then A72 also.

I myself using A71

I have all A70 A71 A72 A73 at home. Not flagships but build quality and performance is atpar also camera quality is great too.

You can look for S20FE and M53 5G
There are many attractive deals in classified section for S20FE also. Now a days the mid-range has shifted to 35-45k.
Phones have become such costly affair. also the durability is not that good.

You can look for S20FE and M53 5G
There are many attractive deals in classified section for S20FE also. Now a days the mid-range has shifted to 35-45k.
Phones have become such costly affair. also the durability is not that good.
Damn, I'm so out of touch with the mobile phone market, I thought 25k ish would be in the upper mid range.
Realme 10 pro+ 5g - 25k(21/02/2023 on Flipkart)
Thanks for the suggestion.

Damn, I'm so out of touch with the mobile phone market, I thought 25k ish would be in the upper mid range.

Thanks for the suggestion.
S20 FE is over 2 years old now, and while it still runs strong, it's last update will be Android 13. Realme has great cams and is the better version of ColorOS, but it still might be subjective to people who prefer to avoid the hassle of bloatware
Consider Moto Edge 30 or POCO X5 Pro. Both are similar on paper, but the Edge 30 has better display and stock android, while X5 Pro will get solid custom ROM support.
I say 'will' because it only recently launched and its too early to tell, but it's predecessors had great ROM support, and I expect this one to have as well.

iPhones are not much worth under 25k, since you're best bet will be XR or 12 Mini. Former has no 5G support and lattet has poor battery life.

256gb ROM for the POCO X5 Pro is also titillating at the same time.
The GSMArena review for the X5 Pro implied that spending a bit more for the Poco F4 was worth it :-
The Poco F4 is what the Poco X5 Pro could have been if it wasn't for the ongoing global hurdles - it is literally the Poco X5 Pro with a flagship-grade Snapdragon 870 5G chipset and OIS for the primary camera. These two upgrades will cost you about €100 on top of the X5 Pro price and we'd say they are worth it.
https://www.gsmarena.com/poco_x5_pro-review-2521p6.php
The price difference here though is about 5K INR.

it has become redundant at this point with updates no longer rolled out.
Is a long update cycle a key factor for you?

SAMSUNG A71
A71 is an old 2019 model. Any stock available now will have a weak battery from sitting in a warehouse for too long.

Hey folks, so I finally decided to upgrade from my VIVO v15 purchased on 2019, which is also the last gift to me by my father, sadly, it has become redundant at this point with updates no longer rolled out.

Should I go for a used iPhone? or is a new android within 25k the better way to go?

I have no mobile phone market knowledge as of now so recommendations are highly appreciated. Thanks!
1. Poco F4 if you want Performance and Good battery with Tons of Custom Roms Else Moto Edge 30 if you want a Stock ui with not-timely updates.
2. Redmi K50i is also perfomance based but Screen is not bright Enough..
3. Iqoo 7 (Bit Above your Budget have good performance, Okayish Main Sensor , Fast charging and bit buggy Funtouch OS..

I would have picked Poco F4..

IMO look at Nothing Phone 1 & Pixel 6a. Both cost a bit more over 25k but are good overall phones. Since your father hasn't used a 60+ Hz panel, 6a's 60Hz panel isn't a con.

Both may lack some features that custom vivo UI might have had, esp on Pixel with stock android, but IMO both are still solid choices for most easily. Under 25k, Moto Edge 30 is solid.

Realme 10 Pro isn't really a upgrade over 9 pro, so tough for me to recommend like 9 pro was last year.

I use S20FE 5G myself, was a gem of a phone, but no more OS updates after android 13. Other Samsung phones are not upto the mark. Avoid exynos Samsung phones because of lower efficiency & thermals. M53 has decent hardware, just overpriced compared to competition.

Poco X5 pro is a solid phone for its price. Only con is OS update. A 2023 phone with android 12, so 2 OS updates mean it will end at android 14. Nothing Phone 1 & Pixel 6a should end at android 15.

Back