Thinking of buying a watch around 30k

Slayer69

Disciple
Looking to buy watch (for a guy friend) from a premier or designer brand, any suggestions are welcome

(not a smartwatch)

Last edited:
Don't ever get a watch bearing a fashion brand name. Most of them are made by Fossil and are not actually good collector watches.

I believe that you normally fall in love with a particular watch when you see and wear it but you can take a look at some good option below.

I wouldn't touch anything made by fashion brands. They are mostly quartz movement. Invest in a mechanical/automatic movement. They will last a lifetime.

For that budget, I would start with Seiko Presage series. Seiko 5 Sport Automatic are another option worth looking into.

Another brand I would suggest is Orient. Bambino (dress watch) and Diver series are well within your budget.

Hamilton Khaki, Tissot PRX-80. There are some Orients which are good as well as mentioned above and you can them in India as well. Seiko SARB would have been a good option before the abnormal price hike. First two not available in sanely prices in india though.

Can you send a few links because i don't have much idea about watchface designs, never wore them as part of any outfit
U can find many brands here too... again, it depends on your requirement too... for vanity or collectors item or you just want to have good set of premium watches going forward ..
best way is to do some window shopping - lifestyle keeps designer brands, when u wear such watches on ur wrist, u get to know them better and ur tastes too.. go start the trials and have fun :)

I wouldn't touch anything made by fashion brands. They are mostly quartz movement. Invest in a mechanical/automatic movement. They will last a lifetime.

For that budget, I would start with Seiko Presage series. Seiko 5 Sport Automatic are another option worth looking into.

Another brand I would suggest is Orient. Bambino (dress watch) and Diver series are well within your budget.
You may be aware Seiko watches less than 40-50k are made in China not Japan.

That was info for OP just in case he didn't know.

You may be aware Seiko watches less than 40-50k are made in China not Japan.

That was info for OP just in case he didn't know.
Thanks! That's news to me. I was under impression watches under $1000 were made outside Japan, mostly Malaysia.

I owned Sieko 5 sport and daily drove it before 2019, of those were made in China (never checked), they served me reliably well for 3yrs.

I don't think it should matter for gifting. Unless the reciever is a collector/purist.

Hi, you can look for victorinox i.n.o.x which retails for a little higher than your estimate but its worth. Else if you can get frederique constant (a little more than your budgeted price) it will be worth. Do consider these options

Back