OC & Modding Thermaltake Bigwater SE

muttster

Disciple
Hey all..

My friend is getting TT Bigwater SE from Dubai..

Is there any mod I could do on it..which will give me better performance?

Maybe change the pump? The CPU Block(I have a Dangerden TDX) ? The radiator? The fan on the radiator?

Anything for lower temps :p

I intend to put a TEC on it after sometime :hap2:

Thanks

Definitely make a shroud if it doesnt come with one. Try to get a heatercore incase it comes with a radiator. What sort of fans does it have on the rad?? Might want to get a better (more cfm, less noise) fan to replace. Or maybe even add a fan to the rad - one pulling and one pushing air.

The pump is quite good. Changing anything else will be costly!!

Raghu.

A shroud keeps the fan slightly away from the rad and directs all the air onto the rad. It eliminates the dead spot, due to the hub in the centre of the fan. It also makes the flow uniform all over the rad. Its just a cone (or cylinder) that cut half way so that the fan is on one end and rad on the other.

You can be ghetto and make one out of cardboard, alunminum or plastic or anything that u find lying around. Or be chicken and buy one. Search around in google, there are many articles and ghetto mods in forums that will guide you.

I will tell you again that a heatercore is waay better than a rad. Let me know if you want one.

Oh so u are using another pump...How many watts is that pump - 18m, 2800rpm? Its inline or submersible?? If its more than 50W and submersible then its not worth it at all! The heat it adds to the water is not worth the extra flow rate. Im not very sure abt the pump with the kit but it seems a bit weak at 4.8W. Thermaltake dont have all that good a reputation either. Something like 10W would be ideal. But i guess its ok for now.

As for the fan on the rad, get the fan with the most cfm. Size doesnt matter as you can make a shroud to fit it nicely! A high cfm 120mm fan will be good. One pulling and one pushing if u are getting fans that arent so powerful.

Raghu.

Hi..many thanks for the reply..

I'm not using the Bigwater SE right now..(bit annoying:p)

I'm building a secondary setup for my brother and the Bigwater SE will go into that on the StackerCM..

I've got a DFI so the motherboard is on a table now :) hehe

Using bong cooling....very good..25c idle@1.7v....42c load max..

Back