The Terragenâ„¢ thread

Blade_Runner

Skilled
What is Terragen ?

Terragenâ„¢ is a work-in-progress scenery generator for Windows and the Mac OS. At this stage of its development, Terragen is free for personal non-commercial use.

Although Terragen is a continually evolving work-in-progress, it is already capable of near-photorealistic results for professional landscape visualisation, special effects, art and recreation. Terragen has been used in a variety of commercial applications including film, television and music videos, games and multimedia, books, magazines and print advertisements. For just a small selection of projects Terragen has been used in, please visit the commercial use page.
Despite the fact that Terragen can be used for professional landscape visualisation projects, it is accessible and easy to get started with. You could be rendering your first landscape image in as little as 15 minutes after installation.

Screenshot:

Capabilities

Rendered using Terragen

Download for Windows and Mac

Misc useful links for terragen

Something that i managed to create with Terragen......

[RANK=www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/]Website[/RANK]

Terragen is a really nice free alternative to bryce 3d. However if one is really interested in modelling of this type and doesnt mind fiddling with a bit of code, I'd suggest Povray (www.povray.org). Its a full fledged general purpose ray tracer thats free to use. However it doesnt come with a GUI to drag and drop stuff like terragen. You need to handcode stuff. The results if u have the patience are nothing short of breathtaking. Find some examples here:

http://povray.org/community/hof/

Chaos said:
Terragen is a really nice free alternative to bryce 3d. However if one is really interested in modelling of this type and doesnt mind fiddling with a bit of code, I'd suggest Povray (www.povray.org). Its a full fledged general purpose ray tracer thats free to use. However it doesnt come with a GUI to drag and drop stuff like terragen. You need to handcode stuff. The results if u have the patience are nothing short of breathtaking. Find some examples here:

http://povray.org/community/hof/

Hey Chaos,
Just checked out that Hall of Fame Linky u gave there!
Those creations are simply unbelievable!
Amazing, man! No words to describe it... :hap2:

Back