The Oculus Rift: Development Kit 2

Blackend

Disciple
So I got my hands on this baby a couple weeks back and have been playing on it long hours. Thought I would show it off here ;)

I've been playing a whole bunch of tech demos and let me tell you, it is quite immersive! The DK2 has a full HD panel and still you can see some pixelation here and there. This would look unreal with a Quad HD panel. I managed to setup Half Life 2 and played a few levels and god damn it is a dizzying experience!

I apologize for the bad quality of the photos, blame my N4. Any questions, ask away!

The box that it comes in, I wish it was a suitcase like the DK1 had!

tUbLkYj.jpg

A little perspective on the size of the box,

TCNZFVg.jpg

And now to the good stuff!

yGmJPyw.jpg

A sideways glance!

o8yCMCa.jpg

The lens that make all the magic happen!

mkeYcei.jpg

The camera that sits on top of your monitor and allows head tracking in games,

Q1bqccw.jpg

Switched on and looking pretty!

0IahvcS.jpg

Amazing buy. I believe this is still not close to the consumer version they're planning on. Would love to experience this once.

Can you watch movies with this?

I believe you can. There is an application called Riftmax Cinemad 4D where there are movie viewings sometimes. I should try it out :D

Amazing buy. I believe this is still not close to the consumer version they're planning on. Would love to experience this once.

I agree, it is a bit far from what a consumer edition should be. There are too many wires and its a little scary to use for movement intensive games. I was way too worried about snagging on the wire and falling than anything else.

Awesome... I had pre-ordered mine 3 weeks ago and hopefully it will get shipped soon. Have to agree the pictures suck for this gadget of geeks :p Will post better pictures once I have it

Congrats and enjoy VR

Awesome... I had pre-ordered mine 3 weeks ago and hopefully it will get shipped soon. Have to agree the pictures suck for this gadget of geeks :p Will post better pictures once I have it

Congrats and enjoy VR

I am trying to get my friends DSLR to take some decent pictures. I did not realize how shitty the N4 camera really was until I took these pics and saw them full resolution :p

Also, let me know if you face any issues getting things setup. I had to tinker a fair bit to get everything working correctly.

I am trying to get my friends DSLR to take some decent pictures. I did not realize how shitty the N4 camera really was until I took these pics and saw them full resolution :p

Also, let me know if you face any issues getting things setup. I had to tinker a fair bit to get everything working correctly.

Thanks for the offer will let you know if I face any issues setting it up... First thing I wanna try is a roller coaster on this thing as I hate roller coasters.. :)

Thanks for the offer will let you know if I face any issues setting it up... First thing I wanna try is a roller coaster on this thing as I hate roller coasters.. :)

I've tried 3 coaster sims; Helix, Lava and UE4 Rollercoaster. Out of the 3, Helix is the most dizzying and Lava is the best experience.

Congrats man! I am HUGE vr enthusiast. Plan to buy the consumer version on day 1 .

Questions:
1. have you played Elite Dangerous yet ?
2. Have you felt 'presence' ? - In some very rare games do you feel presence.
3. Played anything scary ? I love oculus reaction videos. :D

1. Not yet, I have beta access but I just haven't had the time to get to it :(
2. Not a lot, some rollercoasters do give you that feeling but I hate to say it that the Full HD panel doesn't cut it here. We need more pixels!
3. I played Alone in the Rift and **** that shit is scary!

Awesome, Congratulations.

Does dizziness fades as you get accustomed to it?

btw, Nexus 4's camera is not all that bad. You just need to improve lighting conditions in there.

Back