Suggestion for value for money rig.

MAGNeT

Skilled
Questions

Q: What is your budget?

15K (only mobo+cpu+ 8gb ddr ram) to 30k(same+cabinet).Budget depends whether i go for amd or intel

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - Intel E6750

Motherboard - Asrock g41 with

GPU - 8800gt(now using onboard)

RAM - 6 gb ddr 2 kingston and transcend

Monitor - samsung 710n

SMPS - Corsair VX550

Cabinet::Antec superlanboy

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Everything except cabinet,cpu ,mobo and ram.Not planning to upgrade gpu now

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Cpu::i5 2500 or amd based system

,Mobo::gigabyte any model costing ard4-6k(amd/intel)

Ram::8gb(corsair or gskill if i go for intel

Cabinet::Nzxt tempest evo or coolermaster 690 advanced or cooler master mid cabinet haf 922

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

Now this is the main stuff.If i upgrade it would be like cpu nothing else.Amd is going to release bulldozera architecture but its base on am3+ socket which i guess no mobo is available.Else i am ready to settle for phenom right now and upgrade cpu later as i find not worth investing 10k for a cpu as i am sure once bulldozer is out same i5 will start costing 6-7k

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai

Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

Yes(For intel i5 or i3 cpu and ram in warranty)

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

Browsing

Desktop Processing

HTPC

Download rig, 24x7 operation

Watching HD movies..All in one.Plus basic encoding ,decoding and image editing .

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Do not want to buy Asus product as I know the after sales service in India is pathetic

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Present day games not hi-fi settings just upto enjoyable level

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

I am on samsung 710n boss

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes.Not more than 30-40% on air.But If i invest 10k for a cpu wont mind spending another 2k on after market cooler.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Most importantly i dont want to make major upgrades in next 3-5 years or i will remain loyal to stuff i buy except cpu .Mobo will remain same as i am not into hardcore oc.Also ram will remain same.

Processor Intel Core i5 2500 10200

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H (B3) 7800

RAM Gskill Sandy Bridge 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2 5300

Cabinet Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis 6840

Total 30140

Hey MAGNeT, I am not an expert but i had finalised this configuration for my next PC after going through numerous threads on TE. Experts please correct me if I am wrong. BTW I am very curious about your budget which is 15000-30000:huh:. The upper limit is twice the lower limit:S.

Processor Intel Core i3 2100 6000

Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) 5000

RAM Gskill Sandy Bridge 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2 5300

Cabinet Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis 6700

Total 22000

Since you will be changing the processor in a couple of years you wont lose much by going for the i3 2100 considering the IvyBridge is compatible with the LGA1155 socket. But with H67 and the i3 you lose out in the O.C though.

But the i3 is plenty fast and outperforms the 955BE considering both are on stock! This setup also falls right in the middle of your budget range. Ideal may be ;)

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Conclusion: Sandy Bridge Has Game : Who's Got Game? Twelve Sub-$200 CPUs Compared

But if you feel the need for the quad then get a i5 2500 ~10k

Thanks vicks but thats straightforward whats available i give.I want suggestion too i want a bit future proof and also not ready to shelve above 6k on proccy though i can buy i5 but from past experience it looks not a good investment.Plus bulldozer amd looks around in june so a price drop of 20% in intel may be round the corner.But i might buy from market section if available.

Dark just edited my original post according to template if you wish to add further feel free.As i am reading mostly your post in other threads.

Back