Budget 31-40k Suggestion for a laptop for a friend.

What's your Budget? Around 40K but can be extended to 45K. But would rather prefer to keep it on the lower side.

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? - Mostly web surfing and office apps. Strictly no gaming.

What size and weight considerations do you have? Either a 14" or a 15".

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Prefer Dell, HP and Lenovo. Dont like ACER and ASUS

Any other considerations? Should have good battery life and good screen. Windows license is optional.

I would recommend an i3 12th gen laptop. Models from Asus and HP are decent. Should be available within your budget. Make sure the laptop you select has RAM upgradable to 16 GB. Most likely, that would be the norm 3 years from now and you don't want to be stuck with a laptop you can't upgrade at all.

Look for a full HD screen. Text appears really sharp on it and looks much nicer than 768p screens.

Have a look at Lenovo Ideapad 3 AMD Ryzen 5 5500U on Amazon. It is priced well, has good processor, upgradable RAM, backlit keyboard and 2 year warranty.
Alternatively Dell Vostro 3420 Laptop,12th Gen has solid specs, upgradable RAM but without backlit keyboard.

Have a look at Lenovo Ideapad 3 AMD Ryzen 5 5500U on Amazon. It is priced well, has good processor, upgradable RAM, backlit keyboard and 2 year warranty.
Alternatively Dell Vostro 3420 Laptop,12th Gen has solid specs, upgradable RAM but without backlit keyboard.
Anything with an ips in this price range?

HP 14 with R3 5300U is a good choice under 40k. Its R5 5500U gets under 45k at times with sales or offers. It has an IPS 67% sRGB panel with white backlit KB, which HP 15 lacks. In general Ryzen 5000 is more efficient to Intel counterparts & even performs better than CPUs older than Intel 12th gen. Like that R3 5300U is a 4c/8t & is just a bit inferior to 4c/8t i5 11th gen & 6c/12t 5500U is better than 4c/8t i7 11th gen.

Back