Steam!

Rave

ex-Mod
Well guys, due to some reason, i had to reinstall steam, and all my effort of installing CSS before went to the trash can. now i want to play CSS and that damn steam thing is downloadling some files and telling my that some 400+ mins remainining. and some time its saying that "steam is too busy to handle your request".. WTF this is what we get after paying? :mad:

anyways, the reason am posting this is because i wanna know if there is any other way to unlock the game without steam? maybe some pack or something to download, no not a crack, coz my copy is legit and i wanna play CSS online. this Steam is giving me too low speeds as i know i have lots of bandwith still idle and steam is not using it and hence the slow speeds :(

any help on this would be apretiated :)

Steam is ment to use only 7kbps bandwidth and thats why its no using the full available bandwidth.
This is made due to the fact that people complain when they cant browse web when steam is updating.
You made 1 mistake. You should have backedup your games using the inbuild game backup option. Then you should have restored it later by just installing steam again.
Then all you would have needed is to update steam files which is usually small. Now it will keep unlocking whole game and updating all HL2 files which will be painful.

HL2 is all updated and running, but i want to play CSS and not HL2 :(
let me know how to use that backup feature and i'll bear that in mind the next time if i reinstall windows :)

and any way or hack to make Steam use all the bandwith available?

damn man, this is annyoing, this thing is updating since 1 PM and it still has 120 mins, that is 2 hrs remaining :mad:

ok, managed to complete the installation at 7:30, what a waste of 6 full hrs :(
anyways, i wud like to know how i can back the game files up using that inbuilt feature that funky here was talking about

IN the game list, right click the game and there will be option to backup the files.
DO that and store it on other partition or on DVD. Restore it whenever needed.

Back