Sony Vaio E series Vs. Dell Xps 15

asquart

Disciple
which of the above two should i go for

both of them have almost the same config.

leaving the ati and nvidia graphics respectively.....

prices are also almost the same....

i would suggest get a vaio,

i have been using vaio fz for last 3 yrs,

i bought when it was relased.

so far over 3 yrs,i just had one charger issue.

and it has lasted me through my internship,train journeys,clinics and what not.

its lightwt .actually me and my brother bought at same time.

he got dell inspiron and i got vaio.

dell is double the wt and thickness and still slower .

only grudge i have is vaio's battery life is low.

even on battery saver mode it does not last more than 1 hr.

if you want to customise,then get dell.

if you know someone who can bring laptop from us,then get a vaio.

Sony Vaio, hands down.

I wouldn't even care to go into the details. Yes Dell has a reasonably good after sales service and warranty policy, but the point is, when you buy a dell you are almost certain to be in need of that warranty. I live in a hostel with an equal number of dell and Vaio laptops, and it's almost amazing how many times the dell breaks down in comparison to a Sony.

I own a Vaio too, never had issues. Not even the battery ones as stated above, which I think should be checked cause thats generally not the case with Vaio batteries.

i'd prefer the Dell XPS 15 over Vaio E series. It has a better (much better) screen, better sound, better battery life, no heating issues, better support. Also Dell will give u the option to customize and choose what u want. Vaio looks better than Dell agreed here. I'd say the performance of XPS 15 will be better than and Vaio E series of the same configuration.

^^ Hahaha lol are you sure the "no heating issues" bit was not a typo ? :p XPS 15 has major heating issues while the E series has none. Agree about the rest though. Except for the better performance bit.

@OP

Please do post details of the two laptops as it becomes difficult to help you when we know nothing about the models you are looking at. I am guessing you are looking at Sony Vaio EB46 and Dell XPS 15 L501X with i5 480M ????

The better screen theory does not apply in this case as both have 1366x768 screen and both the screens are equally BAD. Keyboard is better on Vaio, slightly more portable, and will likely last longer than the XPS 15 as it runs cool all the time and hence the components will have a longer life in comparison.

So yeah, post the details of the models with full specs so we can help you better.

oh thank you all for your reply's. my major concern is the heating issue because the place my hostel is in (pilani) is a very hot place. It literally sucks the life out of you.

But yeah now i am even more inclined towards vaio. thanks again people.

[mod]Please refrain from using SMS Lingo. This is the 2nd post of yours that i am editing out for SMS Lingo. [/mod]

Back