Sony Ericsson W810i : What a phone it is!!

arnov

Adept
Just yesterday I was going through the Chandi Chowk Area and find that Large Mobile shops have come over there in no time. In one shop I checked that SE W810i was available but i didn't asked the price of it as it seemed to be beyond my reach, I checked one of the website today and was really amazed to see how beautiful this phone is. Beleive me it can beat all Nokia N Series Phones having 2 MP Camera. This SE phone has got everything you want: Stunning looks, 2MP Camera, Walkman Interface, EDGE, 512 MB Bundled Memory etc. Now I am ready to wait even till November so that I can buy this phone and right now I have cancelled my plan to buy the SE K750i Model which I was initially planning to buy.
You guys can check it's pictures at:
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-w810-en.shtml

The prices of other phones were:
Nokia 6630 -> Rs. 11,800/-
Nokia 6681 -> Rs. 13,800/-
SE K750i -> Rs. 13,800/-
SE W550i -> Rs. 11,800/-
SE W800i -> Rs. 17,250/-
Samsung X700 -> Rs. Rs. 7800/-

Same here dude, waiting for the price of the W810i to come down. Even the W800i is so very tempting, but i'm just holding my horses right now.

And did u read the review of the W810i @ mobile-review.com? Under 'Impressions', they state sumthing like, "and my advice is to wait for the next model. It will provide more improvements including hardware ones" this is what is stopping me right now.

No Shutter for Cam.:(

Disadvantages for People in City as chances of dust particles could gathered on Cam Screen.:huh:

As per me if you can adjust with Cam and FM go for K750i else go for W800i. (perfect 2 mp Cam and fantastic music):clap:

"and my advice is to wait for the next model. It will provide more improvements including hardware ones" this is what is stopping me right now.

In this case you can never buy any handset as each and ever mfg. inroduce New HW/SW/Features in new coming phones.:bleh:

well W810i is a great phone , but I honestly feel that it is grossly overpriced!

at that price u can get N70 + 512 MB mmc...........

I guess that W800i at 14.5 k with almost same features makes much better sense...

regards,

aka.

kinda dont like the way the 800i looks.. looks like it got chicken pox :rofl:

but its still a nice phone..

wat`s the price of the 810 i??

i inquired today.. for the k750i. and was told 12k with bill :).. and the 800i for 13.5k with bill :) so the 810i would be??

chic_magnet said:
i inquired today.. for the k750i. and was told 12k with bill :).. and the 800i for 13.5k with bill :) so the 810i would be??
With SE bill and warranty is much expensive, this must just be the shop bill not SE's. With the warranty jig the cost is much more arnd 14k for k740i and 17k for the w800i [1yr warranty frm SE]. w810i is 20.5k with SE warranty. No grey piece yet........Btw i am going for the k750i today mostly.

chic_magnet said:
At which place do you enquired same?

I think W8000i is great phone with nice price now:clap:

Blade_Runner Why do you prefer SE K750i over W800i?:huh:

@stick: just for the looks, the k750i imo is very stylish, all black ;) the w800i looks ghey according to me. Just my opinion though.

@grease: Yea thats the official SE price. There could be a difference of 400-500 at some retailers. Anything lower and becareful about checking out the SE warranty etc. I just got my k750i yesterday at 12k without Se warranty.

Thanks for the info here.

Hmm... me just lost my N1100. Planning to get another 1100 (second hand) for temporary use.
Am wondering if i should buy this W810i... i've asked my sis, she said she'll buy it.. but i dunno if its really worth all that money :-? Since i got a Vision:M, the mp3 player part isnt completely necessary.. need a digicam, but the lack of a lens cover is irritating for this one.

hmm I will also suggest that If u want a camera 1st then do buy a proper digicam frm canon........

20k fr a 2 MP camera is just 2 much........... K750i with same camera and camera cover is 12k.......

Back