SIM /eSIM (with calls and data) option for frequent South East Asia Travel

raksrules

Elite
My cousin is working in a company where he needs to go into exhibitions in various countries in Asia and South East Asia frequently. Till now, in last 6 months, he had to travel to Thailand, Vietnam, Hongkong, China and Bangladesh. He expects his next travels are Vietnam, Taiwan and South Korea. In each country he spends hardly few days or max a week. Right now, he has to buy local SIM card for local internet and calling.
What options does he have that can help him to avoid these local sim purchases every time?
Right now he doesn't have eSIM based phone but I have insisted he buy one because he can use those apps that provide instant eSIM through app which one needs to just download over wifi and gives local data. But most of them I guess don't give calling feature. That feature would be great too to have.

Can anyone suggest what options he should opt for? Also he has some android device and I know android devices do come with Esim feature but I am not in androids now so my knowledge is bad on them so which is a good android with esim feature to get? Or should I tell him to get iPhone?

In terms of support, Samsung and Pixel on the Android side besides iPhone.

Most popular eSIM for multi-country is Airalo.

Call option is available for global eSIMs.

iPhone 13 onwards supports dual active eSIM which is convenient if you want your local number active on one eSIM. Samsung added it for S24 and Google Pixel 7 onwards.

Last edited:
Back