SE introduces dual cam phone for 11K

IceFusion

Skilled

Sony Ericsson widened its portfolio of 3G handsets with the launch of the K608i, a dual camera 3G Mobile Phone . The Sony Ericsson intuitive dual front camera phone design makes the handset a phone when it is vertical, and a 1.3 Mega pixel camera when it is horizontal.

According to the company sources, the K608i with an aluminum feel has a user interface that is easy to use and navigate. The camera includes an active lens cover for swift activation and extra protection. It also offers video telephony. The large 1.8-inch, 262K TFT color screen with the direct video telephony button ensures video calls are crisp and clear.
The K608i is also a music player with high quality audio, coupled with an FM radio and the ability to download full music tracks directly to the phone. Personal creativity tools allow customers to personalize ringtones, wallpapers, still shots and video footage. In addition, the K608i features a suite of business applications that manages personal information and PC-synchronization via USB or Bluetooth, making it the ideal executive work tool, providing business efficiency with high-speed access. The phone comes pre-loaded with Vijay Singh Pro Golf 2005 in 3D from Gameloft.

When asked to comment on the product Sudhin Mathur, General Manager, Sony Ericsson India said, "We are looking at the phone doing well among the youth and the working crowd alike. K608i is an amalgamation of design and technology. The design we know will attract the youth and of course the features are wonderful and should attract anyone looking at value for money. At the price at which we are offering it, this phone is a value buy with a host of features like dual cameras, video telephony and 3G compatibility."

The features that K608i packages with it are a 1.3 Megapixel camera, Digital Still Camera user interface, 176 x 220 pixel TFT display, 262K colour display, Video recording and fullscreen playback, SMS and MMS, Wireless village, Adobe picture PC software, VideoDJ Photo light 4X Digital zoom, Macromedia Flash Lite (trademark of Macromedia), Push e-mail, Entertainment Video Call, FM radio, Media player (MP3/AAC), 32MB User Memory, Pre-loaded games, 72 polyphonic ringtones, USB support, PC synchronization and Bluetooth.

K608i is priced at an MRP of RS.10,295 and is now available in all retail stores across the country. :clap:

Source:www.Techtree.com

its there for 8500rs without warranty when i got my k750i around 2-3 weeks back.

this k608 is an amazing cell & the finish is really good. looks even better when u actually see it. only drawback is there is no place to put mem card. but still its an amazing cell.

^^Yea i dont know why SE keep doing this. Started off with the k700i, if it had expandable memory it would have been a perfect phone. bah, whats the use of 32 mb on this.

stormblast said:
its there for 8500rs without warranty when i got my k750i around 2-3 weeks back.

this k608 is an amazing cell & the finish is really good. looks even better when u actually see it. only drawback is there is no place to put mem card. but still its an amazing cell.

where is it for 8500?

The K608i (a.k.a. K600i) is old news man. It's been around for a long time now; it's an old dog with old tricks. The only new thing about it is the price drop to 10k. It used to be twentyish a year ago. And it's quite unwieldy too.

Isnt this similar to the K500 -> K508 ? Just a cosmetic upgrade.

you mean k600->k608.

yup both are the same. i have the k600 and didnt find any difference between the two. only a few shortcut keys are different as far as i could make out..

^ No, I did mean K500 -> K508 :D

If you notice, there was a similar "upgrade" for the K500i to a K508i back then (you can check the SE site for the model as well). AFAIK, that was a cosmetic upgrade, so this looks to be the same move :)

in khar the local dealer who i buy from. his main shop is in matunga but he gets stuff for me here & if i want to see some cell in khar.

^ No, I did mean K500 -> K508

If you notice, there was a similar "upgrade" for the K500i to a K508i back then (you can check the SE site for the model as well). AFAIK, that was a cosmetic upgrade, so this looks to be the same move

oops, my mistake. got confused ;)

Back