Samsung OR SONY 32" LED TV?

monty_2009

Disciple
hi guys, i wanna buy a 32" full hd led TV. I've shortlisted Sony KDL-32EX520 and Samsung UA32D5000. which one of these is best?

Pros and Cons I've noticed after having a video demo of these two;
Sony has better picture quality while Samsung has more whitening (maybe because Sony has RGB LEDs and Samsung has white leds).
Samsung has full range down firing speakers while Sony has left and right.
Sony has internet TV and WiFi and Samsung don't.
Samsung can play external NTFS HDD and supports many file formats, Sony dont support NTFS and have few fileformat support.

And the last main thing !! AFIK Samsung came up 1st with LED TV technology n slim panels, so this maybe an advantage :)
You guys must be thinking why I've made a thread if I've already figured out pros n cons :D but i need a second (or multiple) opinion before investing a large amount on a product.
NOTE: i posted this on HDTV buying guide and no one replied, hence another thread.

I would say go for the Sony since they give an option to buy an extended warranty for 2 years for another 2k. This is good if you wanna protect your money!

sony obvio has the best picture quality. i have the 40ex520. also considered the samsung 5000series while buying but liked sony very much..

sony is the best...

yup! me too compared Samsung UA32D5000PRMXL and Sony bravia 32ex520 ..picture clarity n quality was better in Sony's, Samsung had a bit white thing. sony was giving true colors. but Sony don't support 1TB external HDD and .MKV and many other formats compared to Samsung . plus nowadays people are buying Samsung more . Samsung TV share in market today is largest...thus the confusion

i bought Samsung 32D5000 last week..its awesome!! sound n picture both are good! ..supports all formats through USB and detects external hdd too:)

Back