S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Apex

Skilled
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is an exciting Survival FPS/RPG (some kinda new genre :p) game coming up but according to PC Gamer "S.T.A.L.K.E.R is unlike any first-person shooter you've ever played or imagined". It was expected to be released May 2005 but here's the breaking news from the official website:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl will not hit its previously planned May release date. According to GSC's Oleg Yavorksy, GSC stated, "We're happy THQ has afforded us more time to work on this. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is a huge, genre-defining game and we're going to make sure we release the game when it's reached our own very high standards, and those expected by our fans, and not before."

The game in itself is expected to bring in quite a few innovative ideas with an immersing storyline. Here's a breif:

April 12, 2006, 02:33 p.m.
Chernobyl zone was lit by an intolerably bright light. The clouds were evaporating in the silver bright sky with a thunder and earthquake to follow. People fell on the ground facedown closing their bleeding eyes and ears. The glow spread over an immense territory which was subsequently called the Zone. People ran away saving their lives. It looked like a radioactive explosion at the nuclear plant occurred. The army sealed off the Zone...

The explosion epicenter was a kilometre away from the nuclear plant. Obviously, some tests had been held there and they caused the disaster. Presumably, the entire personnel died within seconds, but still there was a probability of survivals among the staff. It appeared impossible to arrange a rescue operation, as the Zone was characterized by strange energy disturbances posing mortal danger to the explorers. Attempts to use robots were unavailing. Several months after the accident the crisis situation peaked when the Zone abruptly grew five kilometres bigger. People from nearby towns and villages were urgent

Year 2008
The Zone exploded, radioactive clouds covered vast territories. A dreadful amount of people, animals and forests perished. Thirty kilometres of the area got cordoned off by the army, scientists failed to explain what had happened. The Zone grew, various death-bearing anomalies were spotted inside. Some invisible force tore living beings apart, inflicted awful blood-sputtering wounds. Expeditions faced mutant animals, unlikely to have appeared in the Zone through natural course of evolution. The catastrophe, mutants, anomalies, contamination… Everything appeared to be a consequence of some eerie phenomenon…

Year 2010
First expeditions can enter the Zone several kilometers deep without mortal danger . Amateur researchers, marauders and poachers, called stalkers, show up. They move around the Zone searching for various anomalous formations, i.e. artifacts, they would sell to various organizations.

Its already one of the most anticipated games for 2005 and I bet, if everything goes to plan, this game has the capability to beat the likes of Half-Life 2. So stay tuned and keep a check on this game. Screenshots for the game attached with this post.

Source/More Details: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Official Website

:clap:

Attachments

• sb_xray_53.jpg
    sb_xray_53.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 199
  • sb_xray_56.jpg
    sb_xray_56.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 201
  • sb_xray_58.jpg
    sb_xray_58.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 192
  • sb_xray_60.jpg
    sb_xray_60.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 196
Strider said:
I'm surprised!
Its one of the most anticipated games this year. :)

Dont think so man ,Its been put back soo many times that I lost interest in it . I amnot sure that it will come out this year

I have played the testing beta of the game and frankly tellin' you that the AI is more clever than HL2 , the graphic is sharp and beautiful. I think if they release it officially , this game will beat HL2 at graphic, for sure. because I have played this last year , and the graphic of the game at that time is superb. They must have improved the texture quality to double this time !

And the feeling of the AK74, you shoot ... " bang bang ... " and the feeling of the bullet when it hits the zombie was realistic.

Anybody here played the game? Gime your suggestion :p
S.T.A.L.K.E.R must be released this year, that's no doubt.

I will definately have this game as soon as its out... Looks great... I just hope if it is not better than at par with FarCary...

The game is a lot like morrowind set in the future. So people who hate games which take a long time to get into should be wary of this one. But i am not that person, i loved morrowind and i know that i will love this one. I wonder if it will run fine on my 9800prp.

Back