PC Peripherals Router UPS suggestions

nRiTeCh

Skilled
For my Tata Play Fiber router I'm looking for an UPS which can give a true 2hr power backup as bar minimum with no hiccups like abnormal booting in between due to some battery issues. Esp. keeping in mind the rainy season where rains play havoc causing power cuts.

Adapter specs:

1685816469340.png

Budget: Max 2k but a vfm will be a great option.

I went through few products on amazon but they have mixed reviews so would like to know practical exp. from people who are using such ups.

Last edited:
For my Tata PLay Fiber router I"m looking for an UPS which can give a true 2hr power backup as bar minimum with no hiccups like abnormal booting in between due to some battery issues.

Adapter specs:

View attachment 169989

Budget: Max 2k but a vfm will be a great option.

I went through few products on amazon but they have mixed reviews so would like to know practical exp. from people who are using such ups.
This is working fine from me. Using it as a backup for one my home Cameras.

Their afters sales service is top notch. UPS started acting weird after a power surge ( around 1 month warranty left). Got it repaired within a week without any charges at all.

This is working fine from me. Using it as a backup for one my home Cameras.

Their afters sales service is top notch. UPS started acting weird after a power surge ( around 1 month warranty left). Got it repaired within a week without any charges at all.

How much backup you both are getting during power cuts?
I need something which will seamlessly shift to backup without any reboots or hiccups and most importantly that works for at least 2 hrs seamlessly and not like those crap computer ups giving 2 mins of backup to shutdown operations.

2hr priority is considering rainy season where rains play havoc causing power cuts.

Last edited:
Resonate UPS are good. Used to give me 3 to 4 hours easy on normal internet usage. switches seamlessly with no reboots

I use one custom made from energy intelligence.

I had to go for this unheard brand at the time since I wanted a customized single UPS solution for 2 devices, Fiber ONT and Archer A7.

It was unknown brand for me but they're good, they provide 3 years warranty with good support.

UPS costed me 2.5k and lasts 4 hours (tested backup 2-3 times) for both of my routers (18W (12v 1.5A) + 12W (12v 1A))

It's been 1.5 years and I never faced any issue, in fact I use an external HDD attached to A7 and UPS didn't have any issue with power delivery.

None of these tiny devices work reliably. Only distinguishing factor is their customer service. You can browse through Amazon reviews to see how people are praising brands for "prompt replacements". These devices themselves aren't that great - but only their aftersales services are. Since they are Chinese rebranded products, all they can do is provide replacements.

Chat with different sellers to know their policies and buy the one that provides you with maximum benefits, such as battery replacements, warehouse closer to your home etc.

I bought 3 highly rated devices from Amazon and had to return all of them.

I use one custom made from energy intelligence.

I had to go for this unheard brand at the time since I wanted a customized single UPS solution for 2 devices, Fiber ONT and Archer A7.

It was unknown brand for me but they're good, they provide 3 years warranty with good support.

UPS costed me 2.5k and lasts 4 hours (tested backup 2-3 times) for both of my routers (18W (12v 1.5A) + 12W (12v 1A))

It's been 1.5 years and I never faced any issue, in fact I use an external HDD attached to A7 and UPS didn't have any issue with power delivery.
These sound interesting but for most of the models the size looks too big like those yesteryear Luminous inverters. Can you mention the exact model you went for your routers and how huge is your ups?
I'm looking for a small factor ups as compact as a power bank.

Also, does the UPS comes with any software or a switch to toggle between various voltages?
None of these tiny devices work reliably. Only distinguishing factor is their customer service. You can browse through Amazon reviews to see how people are praising brands for "prompt replacements". These devices themselves aren't that great - but only their aftersales services are. Since they are Chinese rebranded products, all they can do is provide replacements.

Chat with different sellers to know their policies and buy the one that provides you with maximum benefits, such as battery replacements, warehouse closer to your home etc.

I bought 3 highly rated devices from Amazon and had to return all of them.
Exactly! Thats what I mentioned in my first post about mixed reviews.
People are mostly happy about replacement but what thereafter when warranty ceases is the main concern nor I want to be in the situation where every year I have to keep buying new models. Needless expenditure..

Last edited:
These sound interesting but for most of the models the size looks too big like those yesteryear Luminous inverters. Can you mention the exact model you went for your routers and how huge is your ups?
I'm looking for a small factor ups as compact as a power bank.

Also, does the UPS comes with any software or a switch to toggle between various voltages?
Personally, I prefer performance over looks, and anyways UPS is just sitting in the router rack.
It has one input wire and 2 output wires for 2 routers, no switches or software. You can chat with them on WhatsApp and tell your exact requirements, they were pretty responsive.

Personally, I prefer performance over looks, and anyways UPS is just sitting in the router rack.
It has one input wire and 2 output wires for 2 routers, no switches or software. You can chat with them on WhatsApp and tell your exact requirements, they were pretty responsive.
Thanks and are these UPS support Pass-through charging as in keep the router powered while the ups is in charging state?

Back