Remotely playing games on PC

UPDATE:

So, I'm at home now and I tried Parsec. It didn't work because I have Jio Fibre (CG-NAT) at home. I have Airtel Fibre at PCs end.

I thought only the PC side needs the ports to be open (PnP) for this to work but it turns out both the ends require the ports to be forwarded for Parsec to work. As Jio has CG-NAT and no way to configure/forward ports in the router, I don't think it is going to work unless I change my ISP (Laptop) to something else. I tried connecting my Laptop to my mobile's hotspot (Airtel) and it connected but there was a lot of latency.

UPDATE:

So, I'm at home now and I tried Parsec. It didn't work because I have Jio Fibre (CG-NAT) at home. I have Airtel Fibre at PCs end.

I thought only the PC side needs the ports to be open (PnP) for this to work but it turns out both the ends require the ports to be forwarded for Parsec to work. As Jio has CG-NAT and no way to configure/forward ports in the router, I don't think it is going to work unless I change my ISP (Laptop) to something else. I tried connecting my Laptop to my mobile's hotspot (Airtel) and it connected but there was a lot of latency.
Will work with a static IP from Jio. It's 200 pm from another ISP( ACT fibernet), not sure how much for Jio though.

Will work with a static IP from Jio. It's 200 pm from another ISP( ACT fibernet), not sure how much for Jio though.
AFAIK Jio doesn't provide static IP. And it does not depend on static IP as the connection gets established with Airtel Mobile hotspot which does not provide static IP.

The problem here is carrier grade NAT which Jio uses. I don't know if Jio has any provision for port forwarding

Last edited:
AFAIK Jio doesn't provide static IP. And it does not depend on static IP as the connection gets established with Airtel Mobile hotspot which does not provide static IP.

The problem here is carrier grade NAT which Jio uses. I don't know if Jio has any provision for port forwarding
I think with static IP allotted, you won't routed through the CG-NAT anymore so then you can setup port forwarding on router. At least, this is how I remotely use my PC during holidays from laptop. Ssh, rdp works so assuming gaming will be okay too.

UPDATE:

It should work fine as parsec is the easiest to setup without port forwarding requirements. I have used in double matt

I have used this with cablenet providers and it worked well...no experience with jionet yet

I think with static IP allotted, you won't routed through the CG-NAT anymore so then you can setup port forwarding on router. At least, this is how I remotely use my PC during holidays from laptop. Ssh, rdp works so assuming gaming will be okay too.
Yes, I forgot about it. I had read that some ISPs change the routing if you opt for static IP.

I'm assuming manual port forwarding is not needed with Parsec because it forwards those ports with UPnP. When I'm connected to mobile hotspot, everything works without even doing anything. Open parsec, click on connect and it starts working. Just like that. While testing, I had double NAT (intentional) on the PC and it refused to connect. But when I removed double NAT, it started working.

It should work fine as parsec is the easiest to setup without port forwarding requirements.
Yes, it has really hassle free setup when everything else is lined up.

I have used in double matt
Are you sure Parsec worked in double NAT? It specifically didn't work for me when double natting and started working when I removed double NAT.

- - - - -

The error I get is this one -

Last edited:
Back