Reliance Wimax in Kolkata.....

Revolution

Skilled
Hi,
I'm from South Kolkata.
Please help me chose good broadband !
Is Reliance Wimax available in Kolkata ?
If yes then how good is that ?
I am planning to take new broadband(unlimited) connection.
My budget is Rs.800/- per month.
Mainly I will use internet for playing MMORPG.
Thank you......

Why not BSNL Broadband. Current rate for Home unlimited is Rs. 500 till May, 2009. After that it may go back Rs.750 or may remain same - who knows?

You may also get wireless router with it if you are lucky. In my office we aplllied for normal router but they provided a wireless router at no extra cost.

I prefer to stay away from Reliance - and don't know about their availability also.

Check availability of Airtel Broadband in your area, many parts of south kolkata is covered. And afaik its best for online gaming

archat68 said:
Why not BSNL Broadband.

Currently I have BSNL Home UL750 and BSNL totally sucks.....:mad:
Last time(two months ago) they took more than one month to fix my broadband connection .
Their(BSNL) customer care and service is the worst.
They charged me full even for that period.
Keep away from BSNL.
mithun said:
Check availability of Airtel Broadband in your area, many parts of south kolkata is covered. And afaik its best for online gaming

Sorry,but Airtel Broadband is not available in my area.....:(
Only Sify and BSNL available.

Is there no way to get rid off from BSNL.....:'(

I'm using BSNL broadband since 2005 in my house and since 2006 in my office. No major problem since then. Once or twice I had to go to to exchange to get my connection fixed (broken overhead wire). There are one or two responsible officers for the broadband in your circle - try to get their mobile no. from the customer care (yes, I got from them) and believe me the problem will be shorted out quite quickly - if the problem is not due to broken wire type. Write a letter to Commercial manager or AOTR of your circle and your biling problem wil be solved. I once paid my same telephone bill twice by mistake - I visited the AOTR and submitted an aplication and in the next month that was adjusted.

The attitude of the officers working in BSNl has changed a lot - at least in the Alipore - Judges court office - I visited twice ( once for plan change and once for excess payment) - they were very co-operative.

Revolution said:
Sorry,but Airtel Broadband is not available in my area.....:(
Only Sify and BSNL available.

Is there no way to get rid off from BSNL.....:'(
Talk to your local cable operator for info on availability of MEGHBELA BROADBAND .....Meghbela Cable & Broadband Services Pvt. Ltd .....They r the carriers of Airtel BB thru cable....very attractive rates and good customer feedback as well.

P.S. : Stay away from ALLIANCE/SIFY at all cost. Alliance is the worst ISP i have ever encountered:mad:

H2O said:
^ Alliance rocks for me.....:)

300+ pings to V-STREET, INDIATIMES, and all other servers in India:rofl: , very unstable on others except some Singapore/Malaysian servers, low upload speeds.....add to that ur local cable walah dada effect:bleh:

= EPIC PHAIL:rofl:

Though they have recently implemented Broadhop, yet many of their service partners r unwilling to switch for a reason very apparent.....thus the high latencies, flooding, downtimes continue:no:

Meghbela users on the other hand seems satisfied....most of them hav switched over frm alliance only.

Alliance rockss for only one reason though ;) ...lol..... surely its the not the ISP to be recommended, especially for sum1 who needs smooth online gameplay

archat68 said:
I'm using BSNL broadband since 2005 in my house and since 2006 in my office. No major problem since then. Once or twice I had to go to to exchange to get my connection fixed (broken overhead wire). There are one or two responsible officers for the broadband in your circle - try to get their mobile no. from the customer care (yes, I got from them) and believe me the problem will be shorted out quite quickly - if the problem is not due to broken wire type. Write a letter to Commercial manager or AOTR of your circle and your biling problem wil be solved. I once paid my same telephone bill twice by mistake - I visited the AOTR and submitted an aplication and in the next month that was adjusted.
The attitude of the officers working in BSNl has changed a lot - at least in the Alipore - Judges court office - I visited twice ( once for plan change and once for excess payment) - they were very co-operative.

May be BSNL varies Telephone Exchange to Exchange or person to person,like BSNL good for you and for me bad.....:(

Back