Rasp pi 4 slow response

alright, going with this one then
about power situation, so far ive connected a 2.5 hdd , rasp pi alu case fans, and now this m.2 ssd , is the default power adapter of rasp pi is sufficient ? or i need a higher current one

This is just my experience, raspberry pi doesn't treat micro SD cards equally.

First time, I used a 2GB, class 4 generic card for pi hole and the performance was fine. After that, I used a class 10+ 16 gb branded card. It was 100 times slower. It was practically unusable. Then, I used 32gb card and performance went back to normal.

hmm, yea and apart from that i have heard a lot of sd cards bricking after 1-2 years of continous usage. Given the high number of I/O operations a bittorrent was going to do, i skipped sd card.
high capacity cards being almost same price as ext hdd doesnt help either
letsee if ssd manages to solved my issue

omxplayer stuff has been long outdated i think

> nearly full 1G speeds are possible

this is surprising to me , transfering files from rpi to my laptop using samba , and speed is capped to 7.5MBPS , and 12.5MBPS via scp.
Pi is running on external hdd (ext4) , wifi , while source is laptop, also on same wifi

the router I am using is an extender to main router which is 2 floor below connected via a lan cable, do you think that can be bottleneck ?

possible. I dont use the transcoding capabilities, was just trying them out when it came with jelly fin.

- network speeds

these are wifi to LAN speeds using laptop. using a deco m5 mesh. Not wifi to wifi speeds

update- getting an ssd solved all my troubles, only downside is that had to shell out quite a few bucks
the ssd enclosure mentioned above, and an externally powered USB hub because rasp pi was not accepting enough current to run both hdd and ssd simultaneously even with a high power adapter (75W)

Back