Project Guidance

shrka

Disciple
I am a 4th year IT student, and in search of final year project based on networking, DBMS , EJB etc. technologies which have a real world application .

I am seeking suggestions from members of this forum to help me in selection of Project, and also request the site administrators to guide me for the same ;if they have any Projects with them.I can work in any technology and any domain , if the project is having worth.

I am not restricted to the use of any specified tehnology; just want to know the titles and domains of projects if any one knows?

If you are interested in doing a J2EE project, then pick up a simple domain like Inventory management system or something along this line. Make use of layered architecture and design with,
a. JSP's and Struts for Presentation
b. An OR mapping tool like Hibernate
c. DB like Oracle/DB2 (Free/Personal editions)

You could also use some additional technologies like Axis for Web Services, a few XML technologies, and maybe even something like Spring for its IoC container and AOP implementations. This would help you when you step into the real world of J2EE development.

Astrophysics - is the way to go. If you really want to do some kick ass stuff to show your metal in your college. Checkout the libnova project on sourceforge. There's also a similar project in java i jus dun recall the name but its sure there.

Another hot favourite is some mobile solution in J2ME say a mobile web service or watever you can think of.

Back