Port-forwarding Tata Indicom

Maestro

Adept
Need help guys.

Just switched to an UL-384 plan, and don't know how to forward the port.

Don't know what router is being used. For that matter, I can't even see a router near the pc. It's my uncle's connection, so I don't exactly know how it was set up?

Currently getting download speeds of 2.5kbps. WTF???:mad:

Edit: It's a LAN-based connection. No router, just a wire coming thru the window. Also, it's a prepaid connection, and a lot of people seem to be having the same problem.

Maestro

same here try giving a ping to the gateways...

if its reply >10ms thn call up tatachindicom and register a complaint....

i am doing so since 5 days now... have been gievn 3 complaint nos...

no solution yet.

planning to switch to airtel now!!!

Hehehe lolz,

they are the most blunt staff I have seen till now even the youtelecom guys were much better then these bunch of jokers.

Ok to the point;

Tata indicom connection is Metro E connection it doesn't have ADSL router at your home.

In Metro E all peers(like you) are connected to a common router in a location which has Access Control List(ACL) that blocks ports incoming/outgoing for your IP. You have to ask them to modify that ACL to open ports and forward them.

Even though ports are blocked I am able to download/upload via utorrent but peer discovery is slow and bad. And you should also be able to.

I recently got a Indicom UL256 plan and following last for last 3-4 days to make those idiots understand what does port means and where to look to open them.

I also have the same problem. Got the 2mbps connection recently only to discover that torrent speeds suck :( I'll try calling up the local isp guys and see if they can help.

Do you login via web browser ? or u get a dialing prompt in windows ( pppoe ) . I got pppoe based tata connection and in this ip is assigned directly to pc and all the ports are already forwarded . My torrent speeds are always top notch and no blocking whatsoever . Not sure about web based login connections .

2mbps UL or Night UL ?

Stress them to open ports on their router which I am very sure they will not be aware off:

Here are few mails that I have send to them:

1:

This is regarding my case 7699554 logged w.r.t my TataIndicom Broadband

connection in Customer care.

None of the ports for my IP 212.243.XXX.XXX are open opened. Many applications including Utorrent, BitComet, Azures, Limewire are not able to connect properly to Internet.

Because of this issue I am getting only 10-12kbps download speed.

Request you to open and forward following mention ports for my IP such that I am able to make incoming and outgoing connection to internet via these

ports:

Ports to be opened and forwarded for incoming and outgoing connections:

-----------------

Two days over since our last communication; forget about the issue being resolved tataindicom even failed to send me updates or even bothered to call me.

After many prior communications with level 3 staff I can visualize how blunt they are in network technical, many even don't know about ports, and many force conclusions on me that it's my hardware issue, pathetic.

A small issue like this taking so much time shows the incapability and irresponsibility among support service staff.

If TataIdicom is unable to solve the issue(which is not exactly an issue technically) then please write in plain words, I'll change the ISP.

Replies are pathetic will not paste here

this problem is mostly faced by users with web based login.

solution for using torrents would be bitcomet. there will definately be a speed improvement in bitcomet over utorrent without any port forwading required.

Yeah, I use a web-login. This is pissing me off frankly, and having read up a bit more, it seems unlikely that this situation will improve.

Will try calling them anyway..

Back