Sapphire HD6850 1gb
Gskill 4gb (2gbx2)
Enzotech Ultra-X cooler
CM 690
Corsair VX450
aoc 24" monitor
samsung dvd/rw
WD 1TB HDD x 2

Will be keeping the monitor, HDD, optical drive, psu....
Would like to buy new cpu, mobo, ram, keyboard & mouse(from RAZER), not overclocking for now so cpu cooler later.
Also would like to buy a full tower cabby with side window, can extent budget if required.

Thanks

CPU: i5 2500k @ 10.2k

MOBO: Asus P8H67 @ 6.5k

RAM: Corsair XMS3 2*2=4GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 2.5k

MOUSE: Razer Deathadder @ 2.1k

No idea about keyboard and tower sorry.

What is the purpose of the rig? If gaming then straight away go with an SB based rig coz i5 2500 outperforms every AMD processor in gaming...

@Hades
Basically just want to upgrade from dual core to quad core for more processing power :) I work with MAYA and photoshop.
Also as mentioned before price to performance ratio would be nice. As for the razer keyboard and mice..... are just for show ;) as well as full tower cabby (water cooling in near future).
Gaming is second priority.

Basically just want to upgrade from dual core to quad core for more processing power I work with MAYA and photoshop.

Also as mentioned before price to performance ratio would be nice. As for the razer keyboard and mice..... are just for show as well as full tower cabby (water cooling in near future).

Gaming is second priority.

As you are going to overclock your rig in the near future and would add WC so this is what i would suggest:

Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 11250

Motherboard MSI P67A-GD55 (B3 Revision) / Gigabyte P67A-UD3R-B3 9500/9800

RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz CL9 2x2GB 2600

Keyboard Razer Arctosa 2000

Mouse Razer Deathadder 2050

Total 27400/27700

You wont be able to overclock i5 2500 with an H67 mobo... so go with the above config if you are gonna overclock your rig in the future... As far as cabinet is concerned then you can buy NZXT Phantom (Full Tower) ~ 8.4k... its a great looking cabby... has good airflow... and spacious too...

Review: NZXT Phantom Black E-ATX Full Tower Case Review - The NZXT Phantom Full Tower Enthusiast Case - Legit Reviews

I must say in the face of upcoming releases of the Sandy Bridge Z68 chipset and the AMD BullDozer based CPUs (Zambezi and FX series), I would say patience young Padwan, the lure of the dark side is great, but wait for some time and give into the upgrade depending on performance / price value of Sandy Bridge against Zambezi / FX. Hope this helps.

@ALPHA17
I am not into waiting as I have seen through years.......waiting doesn't always help. There always be something new in the horizon. BTW, looking at your age..... you are young enough to be padwan ;)
Anyways, suggestion appreciated :)

@ Hades and DarkAngel
SB looks good enough for me. Thanks.

Back