PC around 15k Intel only..

vaibkulk

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

None

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

None

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel Dual Core

Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

RAM

No HDD

DVD

17" Monitor

Wireless Keyboard Mouse

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

NO

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Desktop Processing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

NO Games

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Any

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

You dont want Hard Disk? Do you already have one? If Intel only then wait for Sandy Bridge Pentium Dual Cores to relase. It even gives the previous gen. Core i3 530 a run for its money :)

Its not for me..I am gonna upgrade my system later to i5..SB...I want to make it for my neighbour. He has a HDD and He wants a general purpose system for some office work and surfing...

The problem is he wants the rig immediately and the dual core pentiums havent hit our stores yet :(

@vaibkulk- Ask you neighbour to wait for a couple of weeks. The SB PDC is much better when compared to current gen Intel PDC. (Esp. the graphics which is capable of running 1080p :))

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

But for some reason its an immediate need then get the following,

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor Intel Pentium dual core E5700 3GHz 3000
Motherboard Gigabyte G41M-T S2 2350
RAM Kingston 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz 900
GPU On Board Intel GMA X4500 -
Monitor Dell 1920IN 4950
Cabinet Zebronics Bijli W/O PSU 1100
PSU/SMPS FSP saga II 350W 1500
Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650
Mouse NA -
ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 950
Speakers Logitech R20 2.1 850
Total 16350

Going for a good branded PSU will improve the stability of the system and also the longevity of the components. Go for this 1.2k cabbies with PSU only if he cant spend a rupee more than 15k now. But upgrade the PSU later when he has cash.

I've been watching this thread as I have similar requirments.

When is the Dual core Pentium Sandy bridge expected to hit the markets?

^^ No idea but I won't keep my hopes high for performance OR even release of cheap Pentium dual cores (Sandy-Bridge based) as the older G9xxx chips did not make an appearance in India.

Why not look at AMD Llano, decent performance (quad core, 100W TDP for CPU + IGP on die), unparalleled value as its thrashes the living daylights of the Intel HD 3000 graphics -- AnandTech - AMD A8-3850 : An HTPC Perspective.

I think DarkAngel has a better angle on release of this stuff in India.

intel dual core e5800@3.3ghz, asus p5kpl am ps mb,2gb corsairddr2@400,creative 2.1 speaker,Lg dvd writter22x, seagate 320 gb hd ,cabinet+smps within 900/-.del 1920 monitor

rintu said:
intel dual core e5800@3.3ghz, asus p5kpl am ps mb,2gb corsairddr2@400,creative 2.1 speaker,Lg dvd writter22x, seagate 320 gb hd ,cabinet+smps within 900/-.del 1920 monitor

rintu, information in well laid manner is more interesting than one sentence :bleh:

rintu said:
cabinet+smps within 900/-

Please do not suggest generic cabinet + SMPS combo, it is a dangerous gamble, for saving some money you're compromising on the basic items that will house your hardware and power it.

It is like saying you'll buy a Honda City and power it with the engine of a Maruti 800. Will that make sense or will it even be able to power the car.

ALPHA17 said:
It is like saying you'll buy a Honda City and power it with the engine of a Maruti 800. Will that make sense or will it even be able to power the car.

Maruti 800 engine can definitely pull that car, but local rickshaw walla can pull their ricksaw chassis with more speed :D

Back