OC & Modding Overclocked Pentium 4 at speeds of 5 GHZ.

aufmacher_en.jpg

start1.jpg

This is what our set-up for 5 GHz looks like: a compressor cools the chipset and liquid nitrogen cools the CPU.

Table of Contents
* Record Attempt: The 5 GHz Project
* Extreme Heat Dissipation: 1600 KW Per Square Meter!
* Video 11 To Download: 5.25 GHz With A P4
* To Play The Video You Need DivX 5.1.1
* Cooling Head And Pipe: Purpose-built Copper Production
* Insulation To Counter Condensation Build-up
* 100 Amperes On The Switching Regulator: Modifications To The Asus P4C800-E
* Preconditioning: Dual Cooling Of Northbridge And CPU
* Northbridge Cooling: Vapochill Compressor
* Clock Rate Record With The P4: 5.25 GHz At -196°C
* Highspeed: FSB At 330 MHz, Memory At 285 MHz (DDR550)
* The Same Still Applies: Selective CPU Buying
* Conclusion: 5.25 GHz - Liquid Nitrogen Cools The P4 To A New Speed Record

Source

Amazing,any1 knows where is the one that reached 7GHZ?

ummm.....6.3GHz was achieved by a guy called "Fugger" :p using triple cascade vapour cooling :drool:

My apologies for bringing this old thread up,i thought it would be a good disscusion.

@Rockyme2002
It was updated one day before i posted it,you can see that clearly on the main page.

Last edited by a moderator:
AlbertPacino said:
My apologies for bringing this old thread up,i thought it would be a good disscusion.

@Rockyme2002
It was updated one day before i posted it,you can see that clearly on the main page.

@Pacino
hmmm..did i say nythng wrong......i had said it is old in sme othr post too nd had not seen tht it was updated......so i was just mentioning tht to these guys tht it cud be updated. :cool2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any OC is only good if its stable.Getting into bios aint enough,it has be to be stable in prime95/memtest86/3dmark at the very least.But yes the 6ghz barrier was broken quite sometime back...
Not sure if their is a valid "7ghz" oc...
Anyway a Athlon 64@4ghz(has anyone done this?,seems possible with the newer cores and a particularly good sample)will beat a 6-7ghz P4 outta the water.

undertaker said:
Any OC is only good if its stable.Getting into bios aint enough,it has be to be stable in prime95/memtest86/3dmark at the very least.But yes the 6ghz barrier was broken quite sometime back...
Not sure if their is a valid "7ghz" oc...
Anyway a Athlon 64@4ghz(has anyone done this?,seems possible with the newer cores and a particularly good sample)will beat a 6-7ghz P4 outta the water.

Very True!!!!! It will blow the oc'ed P4 right out off the face of the earth. ;)

Back