Odroid C1

Got everything from Indraprasth they were able to get that specific charger for me , extracted ubuntu and working quite well , device is really fast the first test i did on downloading a file from PS3 network and my Seagate GoFlex Net gave me 200kb after starting from 30Kb but when i started the same download on C1 it directly went to 950KB and reaching 1.1MB so it clearly shows it has more than enough juice power.Reboot time is 3 secs :)

Got everything from Indraprasth they were able to get that specific charger for me , extracted ubuntu and working quite well , device is really fast the first test i did on downloading a file from PS3 network and my Seagate GoFlex Net gave me 200kb after starting from 30Kb but when i started the same download on C1 it directly went to 950KB and reaching 1.1MB so it clearly shows it has more than enough juice power.Reboot time is 3 secs :)
What's Indraprasth?

Infact on torrent it even maxes out my connection i have 10Mbps but on torrents earlier it used to give me max 1.1MB atmost but with this it gives constant 1.5MB dont know how but maybe rtorrent has better support on ubuntu

Infact on torrent it even maxes out my connection i have 10Mbps but on torrents earlier it used to give me max 1.1MB atmost but with this it gives constant 1.5MB dont know how but maybe rtorrent has better support on ubuntu
Are you downloading the torrents to your external HDD or to the microSD card?

How much did the power adapter with cable cost?

What are you using as case for the board?

@hotshot05
wLakJ42.jpg

Downloading on External HDD , Power adapter was 150, no case yet

Did you get the transformer adapter (big , bulky and heavy) or the SMPS adapter(mobile charger)?
2.1A output?

150 is quite cheap for such an adapter!

Its a mobile charger , local one the guy even gave 1 day guarantee.

And in other news C1 proce at greenindiaeletronics has increased

I just did some network optimization and disabled ipv6, wtf I don't get that speed even on Idm and this is not cached

P0nQdiJ.jpg

If someone is planning to use it for torrent download I would suggest the bananapi. Connecting an old laptop sata drive would provide enough space for downloading and can also install openmedia vault. It is supported by a minimal resource consuming os - bananian for headless operations and is well supported with good updates. If you run into issues, you can ask ppl on their forum and you will get enough help. Hope this helps

Back