Graphic Cards NVIDIA 7800 GT Mini-Roundup

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
The NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series has been around for a while now and there's no denying that these are among the most powerful cards available right now. Only recently has ATI released a graphics card that could compete with the mighty 7800 GTX, and though the X1800 XT does compete, current prices still favor NVIDIA over ATI parts in terms of value. This is especially significant given the time of year, as sales, obviously, will be high for both companies, but it's value that will ultimately determine which parts the average consumer will buy.

Cards In Test

ASUS Extreme N7800GT

EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT CO

XFX GeForce 7800 GT Overclocked Version

Perhaps the biggest factor in distinguishing these cards is their price. The EVGA 7800 GT CO is the cheapest at $300, and the XFX GT is second at $320. The (standard) ASUS 7800 GT is about $380, which doesn't make much sense to us given that it is technically the slowest of these three cards. This fact, in addition to the fact that ASUS's warranty policy is the worst of the three companies (two years limited warranty from the date of purchase), puts the ASUS Extreme N7800 GT at the lowest on our list of 7800 GTs to recommend. The XFX and EVGA GTs are both very close to each other in terms of value, as they are nearly identical in performance and are also relatively close in price.

The 7800 GT is undeniably a high-end graphics solution, and the prices reflect this, so not everyone can afford it, unfortunately. But for those who can or who are lucky enough to receive one as a gift this holiday season, count your blessings and be sure to put it to good use (we recommend Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2, Black and White 2, Quake 4, F.E.A.R, etc.). Our congratulations to EVGA and XFX, as well as NVIDIA, for providing us with this excellent card.

Anandtech 7Pages

call me a fool, but I'd still go asus...moreover I always wanted some lights on my card :p

Actually since I beileve in not discarding old stuff...just buying another comp...(means i discard one every say 6-7 years)..thats why I have so many!!!:eek:hyeah:
In my case the asus makes a lot more sense cause they mostly last longer...

Now guys like nikhil will call me an xfx hater...but the simple fact is that i have 4 cards in my studio....and 1 card @ home all damaged (well the studio ones work, but they have some display problems)...to back my claim

Back