Nokia 6630, ideal rsmmc card, battery

aElien

Disciple
my budget 12k

1) im thinking of buying 6630? should i?
i have read a lot of reviews on techtree and other places. how is the aud and video playback quality?

2) i also wanna get a an rsmmc card, people say the phone becomes slow with cards of higher capacity?
ideal size of rsmmc mem card, 512 or 1gb? which company?

3) i also wanna buy an extra battery. nokia showroom is asking for 1500+
shops are saying they'll give nokia original battery for 400??

live in Kochi.

Yes go for the 6630, the audio as well as the video playback is quite good.

Rsmmc...ideal size for 6630 would be 512mb....Note the phone will slow down a bit with bigger memory card cause it takes time in accessing the cards contents. Company the best you can get is NCP

Extra battery if you want an original one...No where you would find it less then 1000 bux... The 400 bux battery is chinese and i shouldnt need to explain anything else after saying chinese now should I :p

IceFusion said:
the phone will slow down a bit with bigger memory card cause it takes time in accessing the cards contents.
>> Why it happens so? what if i organise my files into folders ?

Don't know if it'll help but my N70, which is a lot faster than 6630 technically has started to lag by a second or two when opening menu's on a Samsung 1gb Rs-Dv. As of right now, i've installed 6 big apps on phone memory and around 15 games/apps on mmc, the rest being used by songs and vids adding to 700mb of the card being used.

Those are specific processing speeds. That's like saying how a 1.2ghz processor is faster than 3.0ghz just because it has more ram. Besides, N70 is running the second edition S60 compared to 6630's original (or backward) S60.

However, there always WILL BE a noticeable lag on 1gig cards chocked with apps/games and high bitrate mp3's or videos on Symbians.

apollyon said:
i am using a 512mb card with a 6630...not slowed down one bit after adding the card
really appo....u sure lucky then...cause the files such as images and videos do start to take time to open up...

@aelien - even if you organise the files it dosent help too much..

anyways I have a 6681 with 512 mb and N70 with original 64 mb with me presently...

6630/6680/6681 do not lag with 512 mb card. the only one time u face lag is if u open that stupid gallery..

OFFTOPIC

N70 ,lovely phone is actually quite slower then 6681 even with 64 MB card but then that is bcaus of the new OS. anyway the amount of RAM(workin ram not int mem) on N70 more then makes up fr it...Phew! 32 mb(21 mb out of the box!!!)
Some of my friends say they can run 2 Ngage games on it side by side :)

RAM as shown by taskspy after restart

6681-7 MB

6630- 9 MB

Ngage - 14 MB (total)

N70- 32 MB (total quoted) after start (19 MB)

IceFusion said:
really appo....u sure lucky then...cause the files such as images and videos do start to take time to open up...

@aelien - even if you organise the files it dosent help too much..
u can ask darky too, we noth have the same cell n card...i have 2 seasons of scrubs n one movie on the card....still no menu lg, scores the same in spmark

params7 said:
Those are specific processing speeds. That's like saying how a 1.2ghz processor is faster than 3.0ghz just because it has more ram. Besides, N70 is running the second edition S60 compared to 6630's original (or backward) S60.

However, there always WILL BE a noticeable lag on 1gig cards chocked with apps/games and high bitrate mp3's or videos on Symbians.
I have both cells so should be a better judge shouldn't I...especially since I got 2 512 MB cards..:p
The 6630 has one of the fastest proccy's @ some 225~240 MHz. Both the cells don't really slow down.
The music quality is really good on both cells. One gripe is the freakin audio connector which gets loose really soon...:mad:

> Im getting NCP 512 for around 1200 bux here.

> and BL5C battery for rs 500-600 "with warranty" at dukan
and 1300+ at nokia priority dealer !?

humm So whats the catch here, why do somepeople find 1gb slow while for others its not making any noticable difference ? what do i do :huh:

Vandal said:
One gripe is the freakin audio connector which gets loose really soon...
>> which phone? 6630?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal
One gripe is the freakin audio connector which gets loose really soon...

>> which phone? 6630?

all Nokia phones that have pop - port connector

ie 6630, 6680, N70 and almost all new nOkia phones..

wierd. I've been using the connecter for a long time now, and no loose points here, not even close. In fact its pretty good, the Ad-15 when connected just won't budge.

Back