New Phone suggestions

Vandal

Skilled
I want a new S60 device. I basically know the pros and cons (at least most of them) of the 3-4 contenders that I am looking to choose from amongst but here goes -
My three options: Nokia N73ME/N73, N80, N95.

Here's what I know:
Screen - N95>N73>N80
Cam - N95>N73>N80
Music - N95>N73??N80

While the N80's screen res is higher, its no good for me to have a small screen. While a camera isn't "all" important I do like decent music. My only gripe with the N73ME is the shitty keypad and joystick, else my decision would be easier (considering the price difference between it and the N95).

Here's what I want to know -
1. Stability, which of them?
2. Music quality amongst the three? Volumes?
3. Features justify IYO price difference between N73 and N95?
4. quality of plastics? (haven't used all of them together to judge :( )
5. Very imp - do any of the come bundled with an AD-15 or the newer one (is it AD-41?) I'm talking about the 3.5-mm converter, cause I plan on using my EP630 on this.
6. Which of these come with large expansion cards bundled? I know the N73ME comes with a 2GB card, but what about the others, as the kit differs from region to region.

What is the entire bundle with these 4 phones, anything standout?
Finally the current prices in Mumbai in grey and with bill would ge highly appreciated with reps too :)
Thanks!

N95 comes with normal 3.5mm jack so that not a problem ..... and bundled memory card with N95 is 2GB :)

go and get a N95 so i can get some reviews on the GPS receiver :p

by the way N73 looks too dumb lol

Rahul said:
N95 comes with normal 3.5mm jack so that not a problem ..... and bundled memory card with N95 is 2GB :)

go and get a N95 so i can get some reviews on the GPS receiver :p
by the way N73 looks too dumb lol

Salaa! I could say the same thing to you...btw since you're the really loaded party I suggest you take the plunge first.

^^soulfire had an N95 too. C'mon yaar now there are two guys wanting help and with rep to spread...

My only complaint is the keypad on the N73 is small, IMO doesn't look dumb (sighs @ the subjectivity of it all) :p

Hmmm.. I can answer 3 of the 5 above

Would be more or less the same...they all run the same OS (Symbian 9.1) silly ;)

3. Features justify IYO price difference between N73 and N95?

The two primary differences are 1) GPS

2) 5 MP camera vs 3

IMHO, a external Bluetooth based GPS unit is anyday better for the simple reason that you need your navigation scree (read phone) to be close to your eyes, while the GPS needs to be under line of sight with the sky...and these two conditions may not be satisfied at the same time at all times (e.g when driving)

The 5 MP camera is a sure winner over the N73 cam though

5. Very imp - do any of the come bundled with an AD-15 or the newer one (is it AD-41?) I'm talking about the 3.5-mm converter, cause I plan on using my EP630 on this.

The N73 comes with the 3.5 mm converter bundled

sorry vandal if i am deviating from ur thread topic..

Has anyone compared the loudspeaker of n95 and 6233? I have heard 6233 loudspeaker sound quality which is amazing...what abt n95's ??

I bought the N95 as gift for my dad 2 months back...
Seriously Im not impressed...Doesnt look great....tinny build quality, atrocious battery...
But good cam, nice sound and very good screen...

I would say skip N95 and go for N73...

hmmm . i think if you can ,then go for n95. it does have great features , some useful some not. but still it's the best phone in the market by a good margin. . n73me should be the next "budget" choice. .

music quality almost same in both via earphones. . the good thing is that since n95 has 3.5 mm there will be less wires around. .

superczar said:

Would be more or less the same...they all run the same OS (Symbian 9.1) silly ;)
n95 runs on symbian 9.2 and is quite faster than 9.1 of n73.

i would suggest n95 over n73me if you can. also, the m73 is too common now. :bleh:

viralbug said:
n95 runs on symbian 9.2 and is quite faster than 9.1 of n73.

i would suggest n95 over n73me if you can. also, the m73 is too common now. :bleh:

Common ain't the issue. The price difference of 12K definitely is. Thanks for the info about the OS though. I didn't know that the N95 uses 9.2. I thought it was a feature pack that was factory installed. I take it its not possible to install S60 9.2 on the N73?

For audio I mostly use a nano 2GB, so if the N95 is 10% better than the N73 then no big deal.

GPS is a part of the firmware I take it and not installable on the N73?
Comments...

The most important thing is I am a little scared of the slider form factor which tends to suffer from play after a few months of use, comment on the N95's slider quality also...

GPS is a part of the firmware I take it and not installable on the N73?

the GPS receiver is a piece of the hardware so the N73 obviously cannot support GPS as a standalone unit

However, any Symbian phone can support external bluetooth GPS units

Back