Budget 90k+ New Computer Advice

FilledVoid

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • Im a bit open on this . So Im not sure I want to specify a budget yet.I guess I.5 L is the top I want to go to. Id prefer to stay a bit below that if possible but I don't mind spending if the configuration justifies it.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel 6th Generation I5
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte H170-D3H
    • GPU - Zotac 960
    • RAM -16 GB DDR4
    • Monitor - 21 inch Dell
    • PSU - Coolermaster 650
    • SSD - 128 GB
    • HDD - 2 TB Toshiba
    • Keyboard, Mouse - A random Amazon brand,
    • UPS - 1 KW Vguard
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • UPS - 1 KW Vguard
    • Currently the above is dead . I think it's an issue with the Motherboard. Haven't had the time to troubleshoot properly. But one fixed I intend on using this system at a farm I have.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • No configuration decided on.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Would prefer this to be my final configuration. Although I might add in Disk storage if needed.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kerala . Near Kottayam side. I have a dealer who has been reliable to me.
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Work
      • A bit of trading
      • Accounting of finances of different establishments
      • Helping a friend with a Youtube Channel . Ive been using my MacBook Pro for this although I would like to probably move away from the platform in the future since I don't think Im ever going to get more devices for the benefits obtained through its platform.
      • Plenty of Movies
      • Moderate Gaming
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing really. Although stellar after sales support would be nice.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - CIV 6 ,
    • MMORPG - Guid Wars 2 , Lord of the Rings Online, Everquest
      • Enjoy Raiding , WVW , PVE and PVP content
    • Rich Story Line Games- God of War, Dragon Age , Horizon West, Witcher , Hopefully if Ghost oF Tsushima ever comes out for PC then that
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - I generally run at lower settings .
    2. Desktop 1920 x 1080 at least.
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
I know my needs are kind of broad. I would love to have access to plenty of real estate if possible. a dual monitor setup would be nice . Although Im not picky about that at all. I don't want to deal with upgrading always so would appreciate a configuration that is a more on the powerful side . So I don't run out of ooommmpphhh a year or two later.

I hope my post makes sense. Would appreciate any advice in this matter. Thanks in advance

I would pair a Ryzen 7700X with either a RTX 4070 or a 7800XT. The 4070 will have more features for all the non-gaming stuff and will consume a bit less power but the 7800XT will have better gaming performance. DLSS wont be much of a factor since you have mentioned you will be gaming in 1080p. BTW 1440p monitors are at reasonable prices these days and a PC with a budget of I.5 L should be good enough to game at 1440p, any reason you are sticking to 1080p?

Looking at the games you have mentioned, I wonder if you have considered an ultrawide monitor.

1440p will be my recommendation for target resolution. I hope monitor budget is separate from rig's budget. A 27" 1440p + 24" 1080p in vertical orientation is what I use.

I have recommended 7800XT but the only 7800XT model worth recommending is Asus TUF at 60k. You can get 4070 for 55k.

R7 7700 has enough performance for productivity tasks while being future proof, as in AM5 platform is future-ready. You can swap the CPU alone after a few years if you want. If you need even better productivity performance at the expense of platform longevity, can consider Intel.

I will recommend waiting till 10 Oct for sales on amazon & FK, biggest sale of the year. Other than monitor, amazon often has great deals on SSDs. If lucky might see a great deal on some other parts as well, very rare.

I would pair a Ryzen 7700X with either a RTX 4070 or a 7800XT. The 4070 will have more features for all the non-gaming stuff and will consume a bit less power but the 7800XT will have better gaming performance. DLSS wont be much of a factor since you have mentioned you will be gaming in 1080p. BTW 1440p monitors are at reasonable prices these days and a PC with a budget of I.5 L should be good enough to game at 1440p, any reason you are sticking to 1080p?

Looking at the games you have mentioned, I wonder if you have considered an ultrawide monitor.
I haven't played above that on anything so I guess its just a force of habit. Having an ultra-wide monitor would be great . But I think I would go way out of my budget in that case.

1440p will be my recommendation for target resolution. I hope monitor budget is separate from rig's budget. A 27" 1440p + 24" 1080p in vertical orientation is what I use.

I have recommended 7800XT but the only 7800XT model worth recommending is Asus TUF at 60k. You can get 4070 for 55k.

R7 7700 has enough performance for productivity tasks while being future proof, as in AM5 platform is future-ready. You can swap the CPU alone after a few years if you want. If you need even better productivity performance at the expense of platform longevity, can consider Intel.

I will recommend waiting till 10 Oct for sales on amazon & FK, biggest sale of the year. Other than monitor, amazon often has great deals on SSDs. If lucky might see a great deal on some other parts as well, very rare.
Thank you for these configurations. Is there a configuration that would bring the price a bit lower and allow me to get the monitor with it as well. Or would I be losing out too much on the pros of this configuration. Thanks much for the suggestions.

1. What is your budget?
    • Im a bit open on this . So Im not sure I want to specify a budget yet.I guess I.5 L is the top I want to go to. Id prefer to stay a bit below that if possible but I don't mind spending if the configuration justifies it.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel 6th Generation I5
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte H170-D3H
    • GPU - Zotac 960
    • RAM -16 GB DDR4
    • Monitor - 21 inch Dell
    • PSU - Coolermaster 650
    • SSD - 128 GB
    • HDD - 2 TB Toshiba
    • Keyboard, Mouse - A random Amazon brand,
    • UPS - 1 KW Vguard
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • UPS - 1 KW Vguard
    • Currently the above is dead . I think it's an issue with the Motherboard. Haven't had the time to troubleshoot properly. But one fixed I intend on using this system at a farm I have.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • No configuration decided on.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Would prefer this to be my final configuration. Although I might add in Disk storage if needed.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Kerala . Near Kottayam side. I have a dealer who has been reliable to me.
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Work
      • A bit of trading
      • Accounting of finances of different establishments
      • Helping a friend with a Youtube Channel . Ive been using my MacBook Pro for this although I would like to probably move away from the platform in the future since I don't think Im ever going to get more devices for the benefits obtained through its platform.
      • Plenty of Movies
      • Moderate Gaming
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing really. Although stellar after sales support would be nice.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - CIV 6 ,
    • MMORPG - Guid Wars 2 , Lord of the Rings Online, Everquest
      • Enjoy Raiding , WVW , PVE and PVP content
    • Rich Story Line Games- God of War, Dragon Age , Horizon West, Witcher , Hopefully if Ghost oF Tsushima ever comes out for PC then that
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - I generally run at lower settings .
    2. Desktop 1920 x 1080 at least.
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
I know my needs are kind of broad. I would love to have access to plenty of real estate if possible. a dual monitor setup would be nice . Although Im not picky about that at all. I don't want to deal with upgrading always so would appreciate a configuration that is a more on the powerful side . So I don't run out of ooommmpphhh a year or two later.

I hope my post makes sense. Would appreciate any advice in this matter. Thanks in advance
You could pick between budget and upgradability. If you're going with budget, then you could build something under 70k and call it a day (Ryzen 5 5600 + RX 7600). Cons of this are you won't be able to upgrade your CPU down the line, maybe to a 16 core 5950X but that's about it.

Or you could go with the upgradeabilty path and go for an AM5 build, which would increase costs likewise.

Honestly, the work you mentioned requires a simple 6 core CPU and a GPU with AV1 support, there's no need to splurge on a Ryzen 7 7700 or 7800 XT. The RX 7600 is what I'd suggest, it's plenty capable in 1440p as well.

7600 Build - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/eaa49933-5bb4-4802-b25b-f0f25c056b5b

5600 Build - https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/099fade6-1313-431b-9ad9-528122b6139c

You could save a bit more on the motherboard for both the builds by going with a cheaper non wifi mobo and add a simple wifi dongle. I use one from zebronics and it somehow gives better speeds then my WiFi 6 AX201 card.

Don't go for the Ryzen 7 7700 IMO, that price difference does not justify the upgrade of 2 cores. Ryzen 9 7900 costs about 15k more or so, that would be a better CPU, if you need something better than 6 cores.

I haven't played above that on anything so I guess its just a force of habit. Having an ultra-wide monitor would be great . But I think I would go way out of my budget in that case.

Thank you for these configurations. Is there a configuration that would bring the price a bit lower and allow me to get the monitor with it as well. Or would I be losing out too much on the pros of this configuration. Thanks much for the suggestions.
Wait for the sale to begin on Amazon. Some were saying that prices of AMD CPUs might come down a bit (it increased recently) when Starfield code offer expires at the end of this month. If lucky, there might be more 7800XT models in Indian market in 10 days. You can drop the GPU to 4070 to save ~5k. I know AsRpck 7800XT is 52k, but can't recommend it.

Monitor should get at least 1.5k off via card offer on amazon. So grab it from amazon during the sale, early access might be on the 8th.

Back