Network connection problem

deadskin

Disciple
In my office we have installed a new application on four systems in which one is server and other three are clients. First we have defined a domain but later on we made all the four systems in workgroup. Now the problem is that the application which is on three systems is client application in which only two systems are connecting to the server.But from third computer unable to connect to the server through application and through IP address ( which is entered in run folder as \\192........) but if I ping server from this third PC the results are loss 0% . what could be the problem ??pls help me out..

1. Try to ping 127.0.0.1 if it's success then your TCP/IP stack is working fine.

2. Are you able to ping your 3rd machine from other machine ?

3. From command prompt verify 'ipconfig /all' machines and check for any odd settings that you see.

Also check that the network cables are fine. Try it with a known good cable. Another random and completely meaningless thing that sometimes works on my friend's old pc is resetting the winsock catalog by typing this in a command prompt (obviously to be done when you've exhausted all sane methods)

netsh winsock reset

Back