Need to buy a medium spec gaming rig,halp plz :)

ibz

Disciple
Hi guys,

I need to buy a medium spec gaming rig.

Budget
- 20k ( i already have the below mentioned accessories so dont need them)

Already have - monitor,mice,keyboard.Speakers.

Im mostly going to use it for gaming,i play a lot of counterstrike source and newer fps.basically want it to run upcoming bf3 and crysis at medium specs.

Thanks in advance

Athlon II X3 440 ~3250

Asus M4A78LT-M LE/Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H ~2750/3400

Corsair 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz ~1100

HDD Hitachi 500gb ~1650

L.G/liteon Dvdrw ~850

Cabinet CM Elite-310 ~1500

FSP Saga II 400W ~1900

Total ~13000/13650

so for GPU u should go for hd5770 or wait for nvidia 550 ti

thank you,any more inputs ,maybe with an intel processor? Im a nub in the hardware department so any help would be appreciated

Here's what you can do with an Intel based rig -

Component Model Price

CPU Intel Core i3 540 5100

Motherboard Gigabyte GA H55-M 3600

HDD Seagate Baracudda 500GB.7200RPM 1700

GPU Sapphire Radeon HD5670 512MB GDDR5 4800

Chassis Zebronics Bijli 1000

RAM Corsair Value RAM 2*2GB DDR3 2100

PSU FSP SAGA II 400W 1950

ODD LG DVD+RW 22x 850

Total 21100

Here's What I'd like you to note @OP

1- You are going to have issues playing in that 13" Monitor of yours ! (Is it really 13 Inches ? Thats something man !

2- Even though the Intel alternative looks good- I would still go with an AMD Based rig - More value for money - Better GPU - Lower Costs - More multi-tasking etc.etc.etc...

3- You could shave off 1 grand from this current intel config by opting for a 2GB ram/ Which would suffice for your need (for current needs atleast)

4- +1 to VIP's suggestion - he's come up with a good list of things which can be done. Also waiting for that 550 Ti to show up will be good . but Its pretty unpredictable.

thank you for the help.Are the AMD's good in the long run,cuz the last time i had an idea was when they had the amd64 processors and they seemed to die out fast.Are the new processors good?

p.s - apparently you can even unlock the fourth core on the Athlon II X3 440 with a compatible motherboard.Any idea which mobo would be able to do that?

ibz said:
thank you for the help.Are the AMD's good in the long run,cuz the last time i had an idea was when they had the amd64 processors and they seemed to die out fast.Are the new processors good?

p.s - apparently you can even unlock the fourth core on the Athlon II X3 440 with a compatible motherboard.Any idea which mobo would be able to do that?

1- AMD is as good (if not better) than Intel - In the sub Rs-5,000 Price Range , The 64 (In 2006ish) was based out of the K8 Architecture , which had a knack of hosting BBQ parties - Today AMD has sort of disciplined that line up of theirs with the K10 Architecture - This is a fact. I have a X3 440 - And it idles at about 38 Degrees (Which is better than some out the C2Ds out there)

2- Athlon X3 440 - Can be unlocked - I've been successful with it , Used the 880GM-UD2H for it , Wasnt a tough job , But let me tell you this- AMD RMA Dept. will surely be pissed off looking at a 4 core Athlon X3 - even though you can unlock it , I suggest you dont - performance increase is very meagre - also there is a threat of you ruining your warranty on the chip - Best Mobo to unlock it ?(even if you want to) is the Gigabyte GA 785-GMT, this model has pretty good success rates. Also the Athlon X4 635 (4 Core CPU) comes at about 4.5Grand - Which is a pretty neat bargain.

PS - @OP Do something about the monitor , or your'e going to end up playing CS 1.6 for the rest of your life. The native resolution in that CRT of yours migh probably be 800x60 which will have a lot of issues scaling the newer games - I suggest you include a monitor in the 20k budget build of yours.

-Squeeze in a Dell 1920IN into the build , you'll definitely be pleased with it.

I just bought the following configuration yesterday for my HTPC/Gen Rig:

Core i3 540 - 5150
MSI P55 Board - 3650
RAM Corsair 4 GB 1600 - 2400

Whats missing - USB3 :(

What I gained over AMD:

1) Power consumption - approx 40-60 watts on load
2) Processor Speed and OCiablity

What I missed
1) Possible that IGP of AMD is better

Thank you for all the suggestions.Damn ive been away too long.

Yes, im getting a new monitor with a friend whos coming from abroad.

ibz said:
Guys, i cannot seem to find the mobo Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H at the price its given here.wat website can i use? i would love it if i got to buy all the components from 1 site.is that possible.please reply
Where do you stay mate ?

prime-abgb / theitwares = bombay

smcinternational / mediahome = delhi

- These are pretty decent places if you are looking for online purchases , these dealers are present in the dealers paradise in TE as well , google up for their website.

-I'm pretty sure they'll have the 785-GMT

Edit : The Asus M4A78LT-M LE should get the job done fine , 2.7k at itwares I guess.

Back