CPU/Mobo Need suggestion..

muttster

Disciple
Hey all..
I"m a bit confused right now..Currently I'm using the rig in my sig..but I need another PC..so I'm going to need a new CPU and graphic card (already have a spare Asus Sli-premium)..
I'm confused as to get 2 7800gtx 256mb..so I can add another one in my setup and have a nice SLI..and other one goes to the second PC or get 1 7800gtx 512mb...So I keep the 7800gtx 512mb and the 7800gtx 256mb goes into the secondary PC (used for gaming by brother)..
Second confusion is the CPU..
Should I keep this 3700+ with me..(As I'm at 2751@1.7v stable) or give it to my bro..and get a dualcore for myself. I wanna go dualcore..but AFAIK only the 4200+ is available..and I want 1mb l2 cache..So my brother is going to Australia+NewZealand..I'm thinking of asking him to get a Dualcore Opteron..(within 20,000..)..Which Opty should I ask him to get? or Should I keep the 3700+ withme and put a 3500+ or something else on my bro's PC? I just want both PCs to be able to play games at Max settings :)
I'll also need a monitor for myself.....Flatscreen preferred..since less strain on the eyes..
Want your opinions...:hap2:

Go with a dual core the 4400+ is good, as price doesn't seem to be a constraint for you...The A8N SLI P is a good board..
Go with a 512 meg 7800GTX....Leadtek is costing around 44K or thereabouts...
Gainward, well there has been some takeover thingy...a german party i believe..so there's a bit of instability right now...
xfx ....well I'm not much of a believa...
but talking chipset go with a 7800GTX 512, should be good for another 1~1.5 years..
Oh and may I suggest corsair..for anything memory..

x2 4400+ is not available here :( ..So i'll try and get an opteron from australia..

I'm definately getting 1 7800gtx 512mb I think...coz getting 2 7800gtx's would be little too costly..as I need another monitor too..

Getting 2gb crucial ballistix for my pc..already paid money :)

Yeah get the X1800XT or (it may sounds odd) but the Dual ASUS 7800GT's...

May not be close to the 7800GTX or X1800XT but good bang for buck...

thanks for the help guys..I'm a little confused to buy or not now..IF my bro could g et me x2 4400+ from abroad them only i'll buy a Gfx card..else 1 comp will have to suffice..

sadly i friggin broke my sata 400gb :S I was careless, lazy moron..was removing the table to clean the room..sata was hanging on the edge..didnt bother to unplug it..it fell on the ground..and now with the sata the system will hang at the dfi logo..if i remove the sata..everything works fine.. :( aargh. but I have most imp. stuff (coupling all 4seasons,few games,etC) on dvds...*phew* going to try n get it replaced..tho my sata has been replaced "3" times already! all 3 shortcircuited on 865gbf!

That was mutty of u....dropping 400 gigs of fun :bleh:
should've donated it to poor 'ol me.....:eek:hyeah:
Anyways I have never been a fan of large drives and always try for multiple HDD's.....seeing as I need 3 SATA drives for my RAID config, and also seeing the small price diff between 160 and 250 gigs I may go 250 gigs after all....

Sweet mammaa.....I can imagine 250*4 RAIDed inside me P180.....Oh the gaming, oh the encoding, oh the pirated content I could store...yummy:p

Go for the X24400+ simply because u can oc to 2.4 Ghz(ie 4800+ speeds) easily and even 2.5 GHz shouldn't be too tough....btw @ these speeds and DC you'll need every bit 'o that 2 gigs u be gettin...
X1800XT is a good buy,even the 7800GT is ditto the 7800GTX but 512 should've been around 4-5K less....
I guess we gamers want the earth and want it cheap...and won't settle for anything less...nor should we!! :eek:hyeah:

Back