PC Peripherals need another DVD RW

Vandal

Skilled
Guys I need another DVD RW, since I had a very good xperience with a 32x LG CDRW am intending to invest in LG again....are their 16x DVD burners any good??

I already have 2 sony's so this one will be used for CDwriting and maybe DVD reading....not into very heavy DVD burning maybe once in awhile...suggest??
clarify...that's 2 sony DVD/RW's...a 720A and an 810A

1. LG GSA-4167B
2. Pioneer A10XL
3. BenQ DW1640, 90% same as SONY DRU-810A that you already have.
4. NEC 3540/4550/4551
5. LiteOn 1693s

Hey yamraj can you clarify why you give higher priority to the LG and the Pioneer over the benq. The NEC's arent available here in India so thats out of the list. Somebody can post the prices of these drives it will be real cool! Heres my contribution though.

LG GSA-4167B - 2900
Samsung 16x (dont know the model) - 2800
Benq 1640 - 2850
Liteon 1693s - 2950

The samsungs seem to have suddenly lost favor in the market though. Nobody is even talking about their drives :gasp

Raghu.

That's coz' Vandal already has the 810A which is an OEM 1640. I would suggest getting the LG or the BenQ. If u get the BenQ, use it as the primary burner and use the Sony for ur purposes stated above.

Raghunandan said:
Hey yamraj can you clarify why you give higher priority to the LG and the Pioneer over the benq. The NEC's arent available here in India so thats out of the list.

Raghu.

'Cause I own this LG drive, and it's really good. :hap2:
Pioneer gets my vote because of solid build quality and good overall performance.
Freaky has already mentioned why BenQ made it 3rd in my list.

ADDED: Samsung ODDs are POS, thanks to their crappy tray mechanism.

Yamaraj said:
'Cause I own this LG drive, and it's really good. :hap2:
Pioneer gets my vote because of solid build quality and good overall performance.
Freaky has already mentioned why BenQ made it 3rd in my list.

ADDED: Samsung ODDs are POS, thanks to their crappy tray mechanism.
That other guy is gasping like a fish outta h2o seriously SS CD/DVD drives are indeed POS, and the trays get stuck, very soon...also they don't read scratched disks after awhile....
Please don't disclaim this anybody with a "but my drive does"...I have 20+ drives of SS to prove the POS theory...

just wanted to ask...

any sata writers in the market??? i know plextor. but is it available here.

and would it be worth spending on a sata writer??

pata drives kinda give probs on my a8n - sli deluxe mobo! :( ... so was just inquiring in case..

Yeah I think a Pioneer SATA drive is available but its around 5k the last time I enquired.

BTW, just to confirm the BenQ r0cks ! Here's a small story :

A freind wanted 3.7 GB of stuff for a presentation, I woke up late as usual, he needed it ASAP, popped in a Moser Baer 8x DVD-R directly oversped to 16x without QScan (I crossed my fingers) and that drive burnt that fkin stuff in 3:47 minutes :O without and errors, I wish I could do a Burn Quality Scan...

Anish said:
that drive burnt that fkin stuff in 3:47 minutes :O ...I wish I could do a Burn Quality Scan...

3 more...... :O :O :O

I too wish you had done a quality scan would be interesting to see how good the burn was.

Back