need advice on 2 rigs

greatgogo

Disciple
guys i know i have already asked for a rig for 17k, but now i have increased my budget and also i need a second rig for my brother so startng a second thread. basically i need 2 rigs with amd phenom x 4 processors. will buy it in 3 to 4 days
1. Q: What is your budget?

1. 25k + 30k (budget highly flexible my be around 60k for both together)

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

none

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

none

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

config 1 (my brothers rig)()

1. amd phenom x4

2. ram 8gb

3. Motherboard - any compatible motherboard(should have a ok graphic card onboard, will add a graphic card later)

4. 24" monitor

5. cabinet --- any

6. smps power sufficient for a new 500gb + 2 1tb HDDs + future graphic card

7. HDD 500 should be fine

config 2

1. amd phenom x4

2. ram 4gb

3. monitor 22"

4. Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

5. smps -- any

6. HDD 500 should be fine

7. Motherboard - any compatible motherboard(should have a ok graphic card onboard, will add a graphic card later)

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

decent graphic cards in 4 to 6 months

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

1. Hyderabad

2. Open to online purchase

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

1. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

1. Gaming

2. Browsing

3. Desktop Processing

4. HTPC

6. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

no

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?

1. No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

1. Windows 7 64 bit

2. Linux - ubuntu

ya probably but need as said above 24" and 8gb ram on one and one the second one which would be second rig even a 17inch would be fine... my first rig config is in my signature....

Rig For You:

CPU Intel Core i5 2400 9700

Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 5200

RAM Corsair DDR3 Value 1333MHz CL9 1x4GB 2100

HDD Seagate 7200.12 500GB 1700

GPU

Monitor Dell 1920IN 5500

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

PSU Gigabyte Superb 460w 1950

Keyboard Logitech Combo 700

Mouse

ODD Samsung/LG/Sony 800

Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500

Total 31250

Rig For Your Brother:

CPU Intel Core i5 2400 9700

Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 5200

RAM Corsair DDR3 Value 1333MHz CL9 2x4GB 4200

HDD Seagate 7200.12 500GB 1700

GPU

Monitor BenQ G2220HD 7400

Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2100

PSU Gigabyte Superb 460w 1950

Keyboard Logitech Combo 700

Mouse

ODD Samsung/LG/Sony 800

Speakers Altec Lansing VS2621 1500

Total 35250

The reason why I suggested SNB rigs over AMD based rigs is current AM3 platform is on the verge of getting discontinued plus most AMD good features board are not available in Indian markets like 880GMA-UD2H, 880GA-UD3H and etc etc...

1. amd phenom x4

2. ram 8gb

3. Motherboard - any compatible motherboard(should have a ok graphic card onboard, will add a graphic card later)

4. 24" monitor

5. cabinet --- any

@Hades- Please look into Graphic card, as OP has requested.

@OP- Can you tell us the reason for having 8GB RAM. If the RIG is for Gaming, then go for 4GB which more than enough today and can save you almost 2K.

If you are more particular about AMD Combo. Hang on for sometime. You can grab the upcoming BULLDOZERS sometime soon (3months).

1. amd phenom x4
2. ram 8gb
4. 24" monitor
5. cabinet --- any
@Hades- Please look into Graphic card, as OP has requested.:bleh:
@OP- Can you tell us the reason for having 8GB RAM. If the RIG is for Gaming, then go for 4GB which more than enough today and can save you almost 2K.
If you are more particular about AMD Combo. Hang on for sometime. You can grab the upcoming BULLDOZERS:D sometime soon.

Gigabyte Superb 460w is a pretty decent PSU to support GPUs like HD5770,HD6850, GTS450 and etc etc... And as op didn't mention which GPU he would buy in the future so that's why I suggested Superb...

thanks for the config but...

for gaming, my original rig or the one i have right now is more than enough as i have gts250 which is more than enough for the games i play(mmorpg)..... It would be great if you suggest me couple of AMD configs....

my system basically is not for gaming(though i may use it for some casual or low settings gaming) and so i guess AMD would be more than sufficient and i5 would be a over kill....

only thing that worries me is that for my brothers system, if i want to add a decent graphic card, would the smps be sufficient... i think for my system the smps HADES suggested would be more than enough....

PS: also I already have the speakers for both the systems... u guys can skip that......

You just messed up with your thread :mad:
If you are building rigs which are not for gaming then you should have clearly mentioned in the first post... And what would be the usage for both the rigs... Plus you should have mentioned that what components you already have...

@hades --- i had seen this coming, no offense as i totally know i am asking help and have no intention of confusing u guys.... as i said it is just for casual gaming and i did not ask for a graphic card at any stage, i just mentioned i may a add a gpu later..... also i am not upgrading my current system, i am buying a new one for myself, and i intend to keep the old system also....... so i am not removing or changing my old rig.......

Back