Need a new router

swapnil0545

Disciple
Hi everyone,

I have been using a TP link N300 router since ages. I've been switching between 40mbps speed and 100mbps ISP connection according to the plan I like.
I have a 2 storey house. The router is placed on the ground floor and a repeater is placed on the 1st floor.
It seems like the tp link router is not working that great these days, its getting disconnected in between(It may be an ISP issue as well, I am not sure how I can ensure that).
I barely get 3-11 mbps fluctuated speed on my first floor rooms.
I am getting very irritated these days due to this. I am thinking of switching to Airtel fiber as well.
I have 1 TV, 1 pc, 2 lappies, 1 alexa, 3 mobiles, 2 IoT devices connected.
Basically we will have around 7 devices atleast connected to wifi all the time.

I was thinking of upgrading to archer c6/c6u I took a look at wifi6 routers but not able to see any good reviews for budget ax-routers.
My main goal will be it should work smoothly and delver the actual ISP speed around all the rooms.
I was thinking of shifting the current router to the first floor and use the new router on the ground floor.
Kindly suggest your thoughts if any.
Also it will be great to see if I can keep a HDD connected to the wifi and have it accessible all time to my devices.

Thanks,
Swapnil

I have Dlink DAP 1325. I was just trying to do the same. The ethernet cable works fine when I plug it into my laptop, I have to do no settings. It just works fine.
But when I plug the same cable into the DAP then it is not able to access the internet from it.
I see that the DAP is getting only 20 mbps connection from my 40 mbps connection in wifi mode, but not able to have it access the internet via ethernet. Has anyone done any similar kind of setup?

If you switch to airtel, they will provide their own router. So you can convert your existing N300 router to access point.
I suggest the following.
Place new router on ground floor and run ethernet cable to first floor to connect N300 as an access point.
You can then utilise the DAP 1325 to fill any signal gap in the house. (Place it where there are multiple wireless devices etc).

Bump. I am still in same dilemma.
So, confused. Was thinking of getting an archer a7 which is 3k only right now. But it seems that it doesn't support MU-MIMO.
So, learning more towards Archer C80. Thinking of installing this router in the middle of the room near the ground floor ceiling, hoping to cover ground + first.

Any suggestions?

I have Dlink DAP 1325. I was just trying to do the same. The ethernet cable works fine when I plug it into my laptop, I have to do no settings. It just works fine.
But when I plug the same cable into the DAP then it is not able to access the internet from it.
I see that the DAP is getting only 20 mbps connection from my 40 mbps connection in wifi mode, but not able to have it access the internet via ethernet. Has anyone done any similar kind of setup?
check whether you are connecting on lan port of dlink .If yes than check your cable is cross cable if not that you can re-creimp and make it cross cable and test.

Get your internet guy he will do it for you.

Had called the ISP guys. They couldnt get the DAP working with ethernet. They suggested to move to C6.
Just bought a Archer C80 and completed my setup. Will post my experience after a week. So far looks good.
I was going to use my old router on upper floor. But C80 is working pretty good upstairs, so haven't added the older one yet.

Back