Budget 21-30k Need A Monitor For Editing , Coding and Browsing.

rushab_rdx

Disciple
Hello peeps,
ive been looking for a monitor for my new office desktop . Main purpose would be editing (Jewellery photos ) , Some coding and a lot of browsing. I need the colours to be good (Not 100% accurate) and close to what we see on our amoled displays ( I sell online hence the colours should be near to what i sell ) . Any suggestions ? By budget is more likely 20k but can stretch to 30,000.
I was looking at this -

LG UltraWide 29 inch (73 cm) IPS FHD, 2560x1080 Pixels, Color Calibrated, 100Hz, 7W x 2 Inbuilt Speaker, USB-C, Display Port, HDMI, White Color-29WQ600 https://amzn.eu/d/eNz1ktg But was adviced to get a 2k display atleast.
Another one i was looking at IS This ASUS ProArt Display PA247CV 23.8” (60.45cm) Monitor, 1080P Full HD, 100% sRGB/Rec. 709, IPS, ΔE < 2, USB-C HDMI DisplayPort with Daisy-Chaining, Calman Verified, Eye Care, Anti-Glare, Ergonomic Stand https://amzn.eu/d/7u6zYK1

I have very less idea about colours and stuff so please help a brother out.
Thanks in advance.

Recently bought Benq PD2506Q for ₹24.5K. It's a 60Hz 2K IPS panel. Using it mainly for designing and printing stuff (Nothing very serious). Have set mine at Display P3 color space which is a standard developed by Apple and used by many Samsung panels now a days. I don't know how technically correct the display is, as i don't have any means to check it but blindly it feels good/accurate.

Can't say anything about the two monitors you've linked other than the Asus one is sold by some random seller on Amazon so please avoid it buying from there. Also avoid cheap ultrawides unless you are using it for productivity and multitasking.

I'm not an expert on professional monitors, but what I have seen is that pre-calibration colour accuracy is what matters a lot. I'm not a designer, so my research was mostly for gaming.

If you compare these 2, a professional monitor & a gaming monitor, the factory calibration is great on both with sRGB mode. My theory is that professional monitors are expensive because of lower demand & lower supply, opposite is true for gaming monitors, hence both are similarly priced where the gaming monitor has additional features. KVM can be a good productivity addition for some.

Anyways, do your research & take you call, both cost 26-27k in India.

go for 4k 32 inch monitor from lg or any brand as a matter of fact. if gaming has well then 2k 27inch or 32 inch are the options. I use both of this combo's with at list one hand distance between me and them. no stress on eyes at all :)

Have you thought about purchasing a run-of-the-mill monitor and then calibrating it with a colorimeter? Since you don't need 100% accuracy in the colours displayed, it is an alternative I think you should consider.

Back