Budget 41-50k Need a laptop with great battery for a computer engineer

ihemant

Recruit
  • What's your Budget?
40K to 50K.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Coding mostly. Web development, Image processing, MATLAB (not much intensive though), web hosting, light Photoshop. ZERO GAMING
  • What size and weight considerations do you have?
Screen size should be 14 inch preferably. But if need be i'll consider 15.6 inch too.
  • Any other considerations?
I am a computer science engineer and need a decent machine for my work. Looking forward to i5 6th generation with 4-8 GB RAM. My primary concern is really Good battery life.
I don't know if I need a dedicated graphics or not. But I am willing to compromise for the battery. I would love to see 6-celled laptop suggestions.

@ihemant can you elaborate what issues you are facing while multitasking? Actually, what/how are you "multi tasking"? What OS? Maybe just the 4GB RAM and regular HDD is the reason and you should avoid trying to do too many things at once :D

Or just bump up the RAM and replace HDD with an SSD :p

@ihemant can you elaborate what issues you are facing while multitasking? Actually, what/how are you "multi tasking"? What OS? Maybe just the 4GB RAM and regular HDD is the reason and you should avoid trying to do too many things at once :D

Or just bump up the RAM and replace HDD with an SSD :p
Not multitasking as such. I mean simple copying or downloading slows down the system. Earlier I was using i5 3rd gen laptop with 4gb ram, but hadn't faced such issues. I don't want superfast performance, but shouldn't I expect atleast decent performancefrom a new laptop with all these latest specifications. I am a little tight on budget but will upgrade to 8gb asap.

I too went from using a i5 3rd gen to 6th gen laptop. The best is the battery life, and speed is more or less same. Please throw in an SSD, it will give your more performance and battery life as well.

Back